SASS Wire Forum

Good Sling for Shockwave

Perro Del Diablo

I do not like single point slings. I can’t stand things banging around, especially when it’s Banging into me.

For my shotguns I use a simple 2 point sling. I believe Uncle Mike’s makes them. I don’t care for ammo loops but just the plain black sling.

15 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

How about something like this?

HIIuduw465Xx5zyxbWRGyjHslGilOvRj-24.jpg

Ha! That’s what I mentioned in Trigger Mike’s thread about his Shockwave. Yeah, they look cool and handy until a tree grabs your gun. :lol:

1 minute ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Mount it so that just the grip is over your shoulder.

That would work except I cannot grab it that way. Dislocating shoulders as a youth changes body dynamics later in life. :D

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ha! That’s what I mentioned in Trigger Mike’s thread about his Shockwave. Yeah, they look cool and handy until a tree grabs your gun. :lol:

My plan more likely catch on doorknob going down hallway

I used an old AK sling slightly modified. I have a scabbard coming that I'll mount to the atv fender.

And I put some grip tape on it. Greatly helps the holdability factor.

https://www.amazon.com/Mossberg-Shockwave-Raptor-Shotgun-Grip/dp/B073SZX8Y7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=CCF0CG7F4N0N&keywords=mossberg+500%2C+590+shockwave+raptor+shotgun+grip+wrap&qid=1554751485&s=gateway&sprefix=%2C+590+Shockwave+Raptor+Shotgun+Grip+Wrap%2Caps%2C224&sr=8-3

WIN_20190408_13_08_03_Pro.jpg

My shockwave had a prior owner.  He had a nylon cord tied around the butt/grip so that it was tight on the grip and left a loop large enough to go around the wrist (Or hang it up on a hook or nail.)  He had worked security in the Phillipines for many years after his military service.  I removed it, but only because of the fire damage.  I can see a number of benefits to having a short sling on the rear of the gun.

I managed to salvage and repair his high standard pump shotgun that he carried for many years, even swapping a stock from a JC Higgins onto it.  Gun came out so slick I had to find another stock and rebuild the JC Higgins for myself.  His son is giving  back to him for his birthday later this month.  Waiting to hear about his reaction.

Archived