SASS Wire Forum

DIY 'stache wax recipes?

As a follow-up to my "waxing your 'stache" thread I thought it might be interesting to see what you fine folks who make your own 'stache wax are using for recipes. I don't currently make my own but it might be something that I'll do in the future should the notion strike. I have beeswax, coconut oil and essential oils of various scents in hand from a different project but I'm open to suggestions...

4 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

As a follow-up to my "waxing your 'stache" thread I thought it might be interesting to see what you fine folks who make your own 'stache wax are using for recipes. I don't currently make my own but it might be something that I'll do in the future should the notion strike. I have beeswax, coconut oil and essential oils of various scents in hand from a different project but I'm open to suggestions...

This may disqualify you from being a Classic Cowboy :P:lol::lol:

Unless you're calling Ballistol an essential oil...

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

This may disqualify you from being a Classic Cowboy :P:lol::lol:

Unless you're calling Ballistol an essential oil...

Hey, even us Classics can smell good too, and not just the B-Westerners... :D:D :P 

1 part beeswax,  2 parts vaseline. Melt it together in a double boiler then I add a couple drops of Bay Rum fragrance. I put it in small tins. 

I also make my own aftershave.  2  eye droppers of Bay Rum fragrance oil, 1 eye dropper of Sandalwood fragrance oil and Witch Hazel in a 4 oz bottle. 

Archived