SASS Wire Forum

Bond derringer tune up?

I"ll take a fifth too,   whatever you got. Not fussy    GW

10 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Get the lighter hammer spring from Bond, and enjoy.

OLG

Do you have to call Bond Arms to get the spring? I couldn't find it on their website...

Surprises me they do not have any tuneup videos of Bond derringers.  Good or bad people seem to love showing off (?) their skills.       GW

21 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

They did, at one time, have it on their site.

I'd call'em.......

OLG

Thanks!

What I do:

I continue to cut coils from the spring until one of the barrels will not fire. I then start adding 1/64 washers until both barrels will fire with the primers I use(federal). This tells you, you have the spring tuned to the lightest it will function. 

Obviously if this is more than your competition gun(self defense etc), you dont want to do this. 

I spoke to staff at Bond Arms today. They were helpful and had responded to an email  quickly

The reason they no longer have a reduced spring on their web site is all guns with a serial number over 90000 have it install as a standard part.

20 minutes ago, Marshal Fire, SASS 10064 said:

I spoke to staff at Bond Arms today. They were helpful and had responded to an email  quickly

The reason they no longer have a reduced spring on their web site is all guns with a serial number over 90000 have it install as a standard part.

That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming!

Archived