SASS Wire Forum

Shockwave used

Trigger Mike

I put it across my back to go on my 4 wheeler to take care of something my son found and it doesn't stick up in the air to get hung up in low hanging branches like a full length one would and everyone can handle the 410. Glad I got it.

Funny you mention “sticking up” and catching branches. 

A few years ago I bought one of those behind the back scabbards for my pistol gripped shotgun.

First time I wore it into the woods the pistol grip got hung up in a “tangly” tree (I have no idea what kind of tree) as I was passing under. As I was struggling to get loose I slipped and fell. I slid down a little hill and gouged my rear end on rocks. My glasses got knocked off and my attitude went from happy to severely PO’d and aggravated in a split second. The gun and scabbard remained hanging in the tree. I think the sling knocked my glasses off as it passed over my head as I fell. Luckily they were unharmed. 

Anyone want a shotgun scabbard so you can experience the joys of looking like a character from Mad Max and appear as a lunatic as you try and navigate the woods? 

I'm glad that you posted this as the dealer tried to get me to buy a scabbard for it but I felt it stuck out above the shoulder and would not hold it in without running the tie down through the trigger guard which I felt was unsafe.  Your story tells me not to reconsider getting it

I got a scabbard to mount on the ATV. For walking in the woods i prefer the sling.

Archived