SASS Wire Forum

Savage 93 camo 22 mag

Trigger Mike

The Savage 93 is accurate enough for hunting.  Rabbits at 100yd were no problem.  It would eat everything reliably but had its favorites for groups.  Mine never had the chance to try spitting the A22mag ammo.  

It came with an unknown model Bushnell, assumed to be a base model Banner.  Others have said theirs came with a Simmons.  I would have preferred a Simmons.  The Bushnell held zero if you set the cross hairs and left it.  It did not pass the box test for consistent turret adjustment.  The eye box was too picky for my eye.  So the Bushnell 3-9x40 was sold and replaced by a Sig Wiskey 3-9x40.  

If you want a point and shoot, the 93 XP camo is good enough.  If I had it to do again, I would have bought a 93, put the $200 savings towards a better scope and a hydrographic dip.

Now I shoot the Savage A22M with CCI A22M, a self loader with flush fit magazine.  Is it the rifle or that a manufacturer is finally putting out a consistent quality 22WMR round?  I've never been impressed with 22WMR accuracy until now.

If you get the auto loader and you intend to shoot a lot in one sitting, strip it while mounting your scope.  Some scope & mounting combinations require you to remove the scope for clearance for disassembly.  Then you get to rezero the scope after install.

There is a 10% rebate right now:

https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Promo/19/116/EntryForm

Archived