Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopalong Mac McLin

Community Reputation

Recommended Posts

I noticed on my profile a Community Reputation section and then began going to that section on the profile page of others.  How does a person make reputation commendations for others?  I notice mine had 18 and I only had a good reputation.  How is it determined if a member's reputation is good or excellent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it is based on the number of likes and thanks each person's post have recieved. So you can go like all of my posts now :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's that?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2816 for me.    Don't know how I managed to do that unless somebody got me confused with

somebody else.

 

..........Widder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hopalong Mac McLin said:

I noticed on my profile a Community Reputation section and then began going to that section on the profile page of others.  How does a person make reputation commendations for others?  I notice mine had 18 and I only had a good reputation.  How is it determined if a member's reputation is good or excellent?

I'm not sure but it must not work if you have a good reputation.:D:lol::)

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is over 2k...so...the number is obviously meaningless.

 

:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Mine is over 2k...so...the number is obviously meaningless.

 

:mellow:

 

Like mine, it could be the number of times the Moderators have viewed your post.... :ph34r:

 

;)

..........Widder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ratio of warnings to posts the moderators are thinking about giving you.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I believe it is based on the number of likes and thanks each person's post have recieved. So you can go like all of my posts now :lol:

This is correct.

 

I laughed at Phantom; but, he must really have that many likes or thanks. I'm jealous and guilty of liking his posts. I can't even disagree politely without getting bashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

This is correct.

 

I laughed at Phantom; but, he must really have that many likes or thanks. I'm jealous and guilty of liking his posts. I can't even disagree politely without getting bashed.

 

You should know better than to disagree with Phantom; he's right 100% of the time.

 

 

 

 

In his own mind...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

You should know better than to disagree with Phantom; he's right 100% of the time.

In his own mind...

Phantom is an amazing person.  I was in a position to verify this through many interactions.

 

He may seem abrasive; but, he is really a kind person.

 

Case in point: I shot with him on the same posse at the Western Regional while he was banned from the SASS wire, while I was Administrator. I had a great time.

 

Allie Shooting and Phantom Timing.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I believe it is based on the number of likes and thanks each person's post have recieved. So you can go like all of my posts now :lol:

The above and the laugh symbol also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do laughing emojis of your own posts count?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Phantom is an amazing person.  I was in a position to verify this through many interactions.

 

He may seem abrasive; but, he is really a kind person.

 

Case in point: I shot with him on the same posse at the Western Regional while he was banned from the SASS wire, while I was Administrator. I had a great time.

 

Allie Shooting and Phantom Timing.jpg

My experience also. Great guy to shoot with. On the wire - not so much. JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

My experience also. Great guy to shoot with. On the wire - not so much. JMHO

This isn't about me... But that said, I'm just not the kind of guy to not bring up contrary positions.

 

Some people take that as an attack on them... Which is not.

 

Cheers!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
On 4/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Hopalong Mac McLin said:

I noticed on my profile a Community Reputation section and then began going to that section on the profile page of others.  How does a person make reputation commendations for others?  I notice mine had 18 and I only had a good reputation.  How is it determined if a member's reputation is good or excellent?

 

 

   On many sites You need  like minded individuals that will agree with you and being in the clique will always boost your reputation .Also known as the good old boy club.

 

 Not saying this site is that way   I think we are above that. :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 9:17 AM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

This is correct.

 

 I can't even disagree politely without getting bashed.

You ought to not talk like that, it is offensive.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hopalong Mac McLin said:

Do laughing emojis of your own posts count?  :D

I don't know if that was a serious question or not. :unsure: Just in case it was, you are unable to "like," or anything else, one of your own posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
On 4/6/2019 at 10:17 AM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

This is correct.

 

I laughed at Phantom; but, he must really have that many likes or thanks. I'm jealous and guilty of liking his posts. I can't even disagree politely without getting bashed.

 

 

 Being bashed on the wire usually means you are correct with what  you posted.  :P :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I read Allie Mo getting bashed it reminded me of Shelly Winters getting roughed up in "Winchester '73."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered about that too.  Now I guess I’ll have to look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 4:06 AM, Hopalong Mac McLin said:

How is it determined if a member's reputation is good or excellent?

 

Well, mine's not even good yet.... :o  The Wire seems to know my shooting skills! ;) But I am working on it :D

 

Equanimous neutral Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

 

Well, mine's not even good yet.... :o  The Wire seems to know my shooting skills! ;) But I am working on it :D

 

Equanimous neutral Phil

I had to look up Equanimous, and found this:

 

Equanimity is a state of psychological stability and composure which is undisturbed by experience of or exposure to emotions, pain, or other phenomena that may cause others to lose the balance of their mind. The virtue and value of equanimity is extolled and advocated by a number of major religions and ancient philosophies.
 
This may be a handicap on the Wire. It's more entertaining when people get all worked up over something.
YMMV. (I stole this from someone on the Wire - Your Mileage May Vary - meaning that your opinion or results might be different.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have put enough likes and  laughing emojis to this post to elevate me from Good to Excellent.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine says excellent, which is surprising given my own mother says I have a 'strong' personality, or as Fast Eddie says, you always know where you stand with Bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

 My Grand Pappy told me to always be flexible ,that way I will never get bent.  That is what keeps me smiling when I get BASHED.;) :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

 My Grand Pappy told we to always be flexible ,that way I will never get bent.  That is what keeps me smiling when I get BASHED.;) :FlagAm:

 

My daddy always told me I'd drive him to drinkin' if I didn't stop drivin' that hot rod Lincoln.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we tell him about the leaderboard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.