SASS Wire Forum

Needed A new SXS

Oak Ridge Regulator

Greetings all I need you help

I recently spoke with a customer rep from Ruger at a local gun shop about the need for a good old fashion AMERICAN made coach gun, the rep told me Ruger was actually looking for ideas about what to offer the public for new guns in the next few years, Im tired of whats available for coach guns now days and I think Ruger could make us a better one, The rep told me letters to the president would help,  you can email him right at the Ruger web sight and it takes about 2 minuets, How about helping me convince Ruger to build us an American made SXS

Thanks

Oak Ridge Regulator

While I don't disagree with you and will gladly write to regarding this topic, have you seen the recent sxs released by Charles Daly? The Charles Daly 512 single trigger is getting good reviews and available at a decent price.

Ruger needs to get the price a little lower on their Vaqueros and then buy out Henry and make the Big Boy with a loading gate.

Ruger"s last attempt failed miserably.   The Ruger Gold was it"s name I believe.   Not cheap either     GW

I remember there was a Ruger brainstorming event for what they customer would like to see about 10 years - told 'em a stainless steel CAS worthy '73 type lever action rifle to match the Vaquero's would be nice AND a USA made stainless SXS to match all that.......just crickets... :D ...but...still dreamin'.... 

Figured they have bigger markets like Phantom mentions to spend A LOT of $$$$ designing, tooling, and producing such animals.

...but...still dreamin'... :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

2 hours ago, Clyde Henry 7046 said:

The Gold was a high end sxs.  Ruger needs to make more of a workhorse type of sxs, rather than a racehorse.

But they were bad     Lots of problems.  GW

The Gold Label was a nightmare for Ruger , and now they have even dropped the Red Label (2011) , and they sold quite a few of those. They do not seem too interested in shotguns at this time.

If they did build a SXS to the dependability of most of their other products, it would be a neat one to own.

Long time Ruger fan , Rex :D

Is the Charles Daly the one Duce was talking about?  He said in the 700-800 range

6 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

While I don't disagree with you and will gladly write to regarding this topic, have you seen the recent sxs released by Charles Daly? The Charles Daly 512 single trigger is getting good reviews and available at a decent price.

Ruger needs to get the price a little lower on their Vaqueros and then buy out Henry and make the Big Boy with a loading gate.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:11 PM, G W Wade said:

Ruger"s last attempt failed miserably.   The Ruger Gold was it"s name I believe.   Not cheap either     GW

On 4/5/2019 at 1:45 PM, Clyde Henry 7046 said:

The Gold was a high end sxs.  Ruger needs to make more of a workhorse type of sxs, rather than a racehorse.

I entered a drawing in '05 for the "chance to buy" a Gold Label. The shop had been allotted ONE, and rather than sell it to the first person who wanted it, they had a drawing. About a month later, the phone rang and they had drawn my name as the first chance to buy it. Two thousand dollars. :blink: I put it up for sale and sold it to someone in Alaska for $2400 + shipping, IIRC. I don't know what they're SELLING for now, but I've seen asking prices over $4500.

GoldLabel 006.jpg

OK, I asked Ruger for an 18", hammerless, non-selectable double trigger 12g SxS, with no rear lug, no ejector, and a "half extractor" like the Baikal Bounty Hunter II.

I wouldn't mind a hammer gun, but it's already such a niche market, it isn't going to happen.

6 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I entered a drawing in '05 for the "chance to buy" a Gold Label. The shop had been allotted ONE, and rather than sell it to the first person who wanted it, they had a drawing. About a month later, the phone rang and they had drawn my name as the first chance to buy it. Two thousand dollars. :blink: I put it up for sale and sold it to someone in Alaska for $2400 + shipping, IIRC. I don't know what they're SELLING for now, but I've seen asking prices over $4500.

GoldLabel 006.jpg

Found one in LGS,3 years ago,  it was a consignment item for $1800.    Had never seen one.  Went home to read reviews and never went back.   Sure was a nice looking sxs.      GW

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

Henry would be more likely to build an affordable double.  Looks like they are always expanding their offerings.  

My vote would be a replica of the Colt 1878 hammer double.    

Ditto!

Tell them the hammers are a safety feature for home defense.

And a non-SASS 14" barrel with a wood club foot stock like a Mossberg Shockwave would also sell.  Give it a tactical name if that helps.

I gave to agree with Phantom , we’re just a tiny fraction of the shooting market. Get real folks!!!:o

Archived