SASS Wire Forum

SxS mounts for stroller type gun cart

Marshal Hangtree

I found a dirt cheap jogging stroller on Craigslist to convert into a gun cart.  The Koplin clamps sold at Walmart and other places look good for gripping the barrel of your rifle, but seem too narrow to accommodate the barrels of a SxS.  Any ideas for securing the barrels of a double barrel on this type of cart?  Thanks y'all.

I use the kolpin on my stroller cart, works fine. Do not buy the eBay/Amazon knock offs! They will break trying to flex them for the double, the kolpin is more flexible and works well.

IMG_20190311_160320.jpg

I have a stroller cart with the Kolpin mounts and cut out the rubber teeth on the one for the shotgun.  I used a Sawzall type saw to cut it.

14 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I found a dirt cheap jogging stroller on Craigslist to convert into a gun cart.  The Koplin clamps sold at Walmart and other places look good for gripping the barrel of your rifle, but seem too narrow to accommodate the barrels of a SxS.  Any ideas for securing the barrels of a double barrel on this type of cart?  Thanks y'all.

Rugged gear...

Texas Lizard

2 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Rugged gear...

Texas Lizard

Not everyone can afford a $300 cart to haul their guns... others, like me, just can't justify the cost... I paid $25 for my Schwinn stroller and $55 for both sets of gun mounts and I still think it was too much... :rolleyes:

besides, ive seen two rugged gear carts go over when that front wheel caught a rut...

the only thing about my set up is it holds the guns at about a 45 degree angle so I'm staring down the barrels when I'm pushing it to the next stage... its a little unnerving and I don't think I'll ever get used to it...

1 minute ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Not everyone can afford a $300 cart to haul their guns... others, like me, just can't justify the cost... I paid $25 for my Schwinn stroller and $55 for both sets of gun mounts and I still think it was too much... :rolleyes:

besides, ive seen two rugged gear carts go over when that front wheel caught a rut...

It's not the cart it is the parts....If you can not find something to work, these do the job...Yes they do cost some dollars...There are enough different parts that can work or give you some ideas to work with...I look at these and other ideas than wonder around Lowes or Homedepo...I am always looking for ideas that I can put to use...Being in a wheelchair I can get very inventive for my needs...And need is the mother in invention...As my photography teacher use say...

Texas Lizard

Archived