Crumbles into the sea!

That’ll be the day I go back to Annendale

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

California,

Crumbles into the sea!

That’ll be the day I go back to Annendale

That had some lyrics didn't they??;)

"Ain't never gonna do it without your Fez on" :D

They tore down the grade school building I went to and replaced it with a new building. my H.S. got assimilated into the only H.S. left in the city so it could meet requirements for OHSAA football  division. Superintendent lost his job over that one. the Alumni from my school took over the school board during elections and found a way to get him ousted. my Mom, Aunt, myself, and two of my DIL's, a grand daughter all went to that school.:rolleyes::blush:

They closed my high school immediately after I graduated.    Most of the building is gone now.  The oldest part was built in the 1920s.  That part has long since been removed. What is left is now administrative offices for the school system.  The fuel depot for the busses is still there.

Our 50 year class reunion should happen sometime in 2021!

Several great musicians came out of that school. Some of them played with and for the top acts in rock 'n' roll!!  Most of those still living are good friends today!!

They tore down more than half of my old high school and added on a new part. My junior high is gone and my elementary school is still there along with the church. St. Jerome's church and school.

After Jr year, they sent us from the real High School to another building that had been a jr high/middle school, so I just didn't give a rat's ass about my Sr year.  Wish Ida known in advance so I could graduate early & get in an extra year of college before life intervened.

My grammar school is now a "special" school of some sort.  That's the one I remember most fondly.  And yes, we walked to it.

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Walked to my grade school, too. Took the city bus to H.S.:blush:

Me too, walked to all the schools I went to. High school I took a bus in snowy rainy weather.

I walked to school until I learned to drive!!  There was a bus to the high school for about a year when I first started, but I rode with friends because of music and sports!!  We moved closer during that first year, (7th grade) and I walked or rode a bicycle 'til I turned 14 and got my provisional license.

Archived