SASS Wire Forum

Mossberg Shockwave with laser

Utah Bob #35998

Crimson Trace laser came in this afternoon.

Put nine rounds in. 4 "7 Birdshot and 5 buckshot.

shot from the hip at about 20 feet. Results were good. Very good.

i think this may be my new ATV carry woods gun.:wub:

Shockwavelaser1.jpg

Shockwave laser2.jpg

Shockwavelaser3.jpg

ShockwavelaserTarget.jpg

Nice, Bob. Now you need a heat shield on it and it will look all "sci-Fi" like :D

It looks like a gun they would use on Firefly.

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Nice, Bob. Now you need a heat shield on it and it will look all "sci-Fi" like :D

It looks like a gun they would use on Firefly.

It kinda does. :lol:

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

How you trigger that laser?

The three ridgId spots are switches. The rearmost one can be used by a lefty with the thumb.

Shockwave laserSWITCHES.jpg

I've never used a laser - how does that work? Surely you don't have to hold the switch continuously on for the laser to work... touch on, then touch off, or is it timed to shut off after several seconds or what?

15 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I've never used a laser - how does that work? Surely you don't have to hold the switch continuously on for the laser to work... touch on, then touch off, or is it timed to shut off after several seconds or what?

Yeah. Touch on touch off. My wife got me a laser for a J frame Smith last Christmas. The laser stays on as long as you’re squeezing the grip on the pistol models (not hard). Liked it so much I got one for a 1911. I figured the mostlikely use for the Shochwave would be in a late night break in so the laser might come in very handy in low light.

See, that was my confusion. My laser grip, like the one on your J frame, needs to be held for the light to stay on. And I could not see any way to hold any of those three switches, and still shoot the gun.

But a "push, it's on - push, it's off" switch does make sense.

It stays on until the button is pushed again. Battery life is 3 hours continuous. (Crimson Trace offers free batteries for life). Having it turn off on it’s own just as you were about to pull the bang lever would be a bad thing.

Maybe I'm mis-reading this, but it looks like Midway, of all places, has red at $149.99 and green at $199.99 with free shipping, plus a $50 rebate through the end of the month, AND a CWL-300 tac-light...? The rebate should apply no matter where you buy it, as long as it's between March 1st and April 30th - complete and download the rebate form at: https://rapid-rebates.com/CrimsonTraceRebates .

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102062036/crimson-trace-lasersaddle-laser-sight-mossberg-500-and-590-series-shotguns-and-shockwave-matte

Maybe this little caveat lets them ding you for shipping if you claim the tac-light...?

Additional charges for Non Free Shipping products, products shipping to remote locations, HazMat products, and large or heavy items still apply. See Details

CT Web site says green is more visible in sunlight, but battery life is only 2 hours vs. 4 hours with red.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/about-our-lasers/about-green-lasers/

33 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Maybe I'm mis-reading this, but it looks like Midway, of all places, has red at $149.99 and green at $199.99 with free shipping, plus a $50 rebate through the end of the month, AND a CWL-300 tac-light...?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102062036/crimson-trace-lasersaddle-laser-sight-mossberg-500-and-590-series-shotguns-and-shockwave-matte

Cool. Good price with free shipping. (Maybe)

The light doesn’t come with a mount apparently. But I already have a light anyway. I’ll put in for the rebate from Crimson Trace.Thanks!!

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The CT battery deal is once a year, from when they get the warranty card.

CT is the best I've ever seen, and have'em on most of my CCW and SD gunz.

OLG

Yeah. I can’t imagine needing more than one battery a year, unless you live in a reallly bad neighborhood, or are using your laser to exercise the cat.

Nice results, UB. I’ll need to wait til CT makes the Lasersaddle for the 20g Shockwave......Hopefully soon.

So how do those shorty aguila rounds stack up against a full sized shell?  I saw where someone else (maybe Remington) is making shorty rounds now and they claim there's "almost no" performance difference.  I just assumed they all had significantly lighter payloads and less powder. 

I wouldn't really say significantly less.

As you can see here, most of them modern shell is empty space.

shotgun-shell-case-cutaway.jpg?w=636

Use a shorter wad you can end up with a much shorter shell.

4 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

So how do those shorty aguila rounds stack up against a full sized shell?  I saw where someone else (maybe Remington) is making shorty rounds now and they claim there's "almost no" performance difference.  I just assumed they all had significantly lighter payloads and less powder. 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-symantec-ext_onb&hsimp=yhs-ext_onb&hspart=symantec&p=aguila+mini+12+ga+shotshells#id=2&vid=132476678e1f435b0bea78016f059e3b&action=click

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-symantec-ext_onb&hsimp=yhs-ext_onb&hspart=symantec&p=aguila+mini+12+ga+shotshells#id=11&vid=e4d30faa55b339621c2cee8b2fbd5a11&action=view

Archived