SASS Wire Forum

Have two "ring" questions

Alpo

1 hour ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Gold was up again and my wife was cashing in some scrap gold.  She tossed me my ring and said, "I'm not worried about you anymore, why don't you sell it"? 

Trap.jpg

21 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

1. High School ring yes

2. Yes, although I didn't wear it for the first 15 years I had it due to working around machinery and then construction. When I became a computer programmer I started wearing it.

I wore my wedding band everywhere unless I was working around anything that would catch on it or close an electrical circuit.  Saw a guy burn a finger almost off in a Nike Hercules maintenance shop.  My wife has been gone three years and I still wear my ring whenever I leave the house.

I've worn my wedding ring for over 50 years now. Rarely remove it.

No High School or University rings, although I did receive an "80% Club" High School pin.

(Keeping those kinds of marks for an MBA in university was just a little more difficult!!)

I did receive a nice gold ring from the City, for 30 years service, with two diamonds added, one for each additional 5 years of service.  

Or was it for not punching out an Alderman or the Mayor. I forget.

Had and wore my high school class ring for about 5 years when I lost it during a very lean period in my life when if I wasn't working that day at Subway or Abby's I wasn't eating.

I wore my first wife's wedding band a lot longer than I should have.

I'm still wearing my second.  I'm not even sure it would come off if I tried.  It's titanium so it doesn't exactly flex...

School rings aren't a thing in Aust so no.

My wife got me a shaped wedding ring that reduces the chance of snagging and so I have worn it for 29 years even when working in Tanks and Recon Vehs.

I bought a NICE high school ring because I knew I would be in the final graduating class. Solid white gold with an emerald stone.  It was stolen out of my tool box when I worked in a really bad part of town.  My wedding band evaporated when it came in contact with a 24 volt short circuit.  Took many years for the scar to go away.

I got my high school ring because it seemed everyone else did.

I never got a college ring, although I suppose I still could. I'm happy with my coffee cups though.

I wear my wedding ring most days, although if I am working with my hands it automatically comes off and goes onto my watchband. During my military time and deployments, it went on my dog tag chain. Yes, I've seen avulsions and the like as well. I'll pass.

I had a high school ring, never wore it. It disappeared during a move and never was able to find it.

Had a wedding ring when I was married but never wore it (or any type of jewelry) as I was, and still am, an electrician and in construction. I've witnessed WAY too many accidents involving jewelry during the 40+ years in the construction industry. I've advised many a greenhorn to abstain from wearing rings, necklaces and the like.....some listened, some didn't.

On another note, another electrician friend of mine that I've know since 1978 used to wear his late father's wedding ring on a necklace in memory of his father. About 30 years ago, when his daughters were small, he would to take them to Clearwater beach almost every weekend. One day he and his wife had the girls on their shoulders "chicken fighting" in the surf about waist deep. During the tussling about, the chain broke and ring with necklace fell into the water. He borrowed a mask from another beachgoer and looked for an hour to no avail. Two weeks later, he took his girls back to the beach. As they were going to leave, the girls went down to wash the surf to wash the sand from the toys. His oldest girl looked down and there was the ring, half exposed, in the sand. He could tell it was his father's ring as the ring was inscribed on the inside with his father and mothers name and date they were married. The odds of finding it had to be astronomically against ever seeing that ring again. To this day, he swears that his father's spirit guided his daughter to that ring.

High School, yes.  Sold it a few years back when gold prices where up.

Wedding ring, wore for 27 years, my finger gained some weight so I took it off while I still could.  Haven't worn it for the last 19 years, waiting for my finger to stop gaining weight?

I didnt see the point in a class ring. I ended up with one since the girl I was dating expected me to give it to her. She picked it out, ordered it, and I gave her the money to go pick it up lol. Later in life we married and then divorced and she gave it back lol. It's in a box somewhere. I've never worn it. My line of work I cant wear a wedding ring or any jewelry with the exception of a watch with a break away band. So the 2 weeks i'm at work my wedding band lays in the cup holder of my car. other than that I dont wear jewelry. 

I enjoyed The Hobbit. 

Archived