SASS Wire Forum

Good News at the Tombstone Livery, Tombstone,AZ

I shot Duel in the Desert this past weekend. It's a great retro match with lots of fun.

While there I ran into Doug, the owner of the livery. He has taken it off the market, so we should be good

for shooting in the coming years.

This is very good news, because Arizona, over the last decade, has lost many of our places to shoot.

J.M.

That is indeed good news, thanks for sharing it with us.

This is a fun venue in a historic location with good dining, lodging and camping.  Great news it will remain available for CAS.

That is good to hear.  Tombstone and The Livery is a favorite stop for Sassy and I on the way to WR.

41 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

Johnny Meadows,

Arent you looking for a new home .?

The Livery would be a good match for you .

There could be a sass match every weekend .

Please buy it for me!!!!!!!!!

Awesome news! I actually made inquiries but based on the price they were asking, and without the books, I couldn't figure out how to make it work. I am glad it will stay around for a while. Who knows, maybe in 5 years, I might be able to get the books and see if several businesses could be made out of it, to pay the price they were asking:)

This is great news indeed. Shootin' Bordertown at the Livery is just too good to have it go away. Phew.

RR

The best thing all of us can do is come shoot often at the Livery.  SASS shooters is one of the main sources of income for the Livery.

Duel was a good one about 80 people paid up.

The two, two day events from Los Vaqueros has decent show up as well.

Then there is Bordertown which brings in a nice check to the Livery and now Tombstone Thunder coming along I think helps Doug know we as shooters and users of the Livery are glad to be there and bring in the money to help keep the place going.

I shot with the Tombstone gang back in 2000 when I was there research a Cowboy Chronicle article on Tombstone: Then and now.  It was a great place to shoot.  I wonder how it has changed in 20 years?  I was shooting an original 1873 in .38 WCF when my extractor broke on the second to last stage.  I ended up shooting the rest of the match using a pen knife to pop out each empty shell.  I wonder if any of the pards I shot that match with are still around, or remember it?

Lawman, answering your inquiry concerning the match in Tombstone 2000, I shot that match and I remember you, but not your broken extractor situation.  We shot there until 2007 when we moved to the Tombstone Livery (Bordertown location)  I remember you because you left a period cleaning rod assembly.  I asked a few Calif shooters if they knew you and they said "No" .  I have no recollection of what happen to the cleaning rod, other than it was made of wood.

Regards

Archived