SASS Wire Forum

Stoger coach forend

LostVaquero

Last stage shooting my coach gun it felt wobbly.  I did not think about it heading to rifle and pistols.  When I picked up the gun the entire fore stock fell off.  It was cracked from front to back.

Found a place selling replacement stocks and ordered one but just wondering if this has happened to others.

Howdy LQ, was the fore end wobbly before you noticed the crack ?  I have one that's been wobbly for about as long as iv'e had it and am sure it could probably crack at some point too.

I bought two new Stoagers  12 years ago when I started shooting Cowboy .

Figured I had one as a backup and one as my main shotgun .

Had one slicked up by Doc Noper ( Shameless Plug ) :D

And left the other one stock .

Too this date I have never needed to use the second one . 

Everyone calls them a cheap beginners shotgun .

But Mine have served me well .  

Just sayin .

Rooster 

I have bought all my Stoeger parts from Midwest Gun Works.

Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme Forend - https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/32484

Stoeger Regular coach gun Forend - https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/32475

These links are for 12 gauge but if search around the site you will find almost everything you need for a stoeger here. 

Good luck!!!

I've had 3  coach guns, one I shot for the first time at a match and the forend fell off after one stage. As the gun was brand new , I sent it back to Stoeger for repair. They had to refit the forend so it was tighter. I had another where the stock split near the opening lever, the dealer told me this was common with that gun. in spite of this , they still shoot well, nothing ever happened to the other one. Aside from all the 97's the are still all around. Other than some wood problems , the guns are fine.

Cheap sapwood and machine fitting are not the way to get a stock to last.

Bedding the stock at the recoil lug will significantly reduce the chance of the stock splitting.

I have replaced three.  I started with a stoeger Supreme Coachgun about seven years ago.  It started misfiring and I discovered the forearm was cracked from the back to the front.  This allows the metal to slide forward and thus does not cock the hammer.  I bought a used replacement and it started splitting after two matches.  I bought a new replacement and it doesn't come close to fitting the barrels.  I have ordered another forearm, but in the meantime broke out two new Stoegers that I had in the safe.

The forearm looked pretty, but didn't holdup.

Archived