SASS Wire Forum

My little girl grew up UPDATE!

Michigan Slim

Well, it had to happen. Kaya finally got her drivers license. She has been saving for quite a while to buy her own truck. She is using mine for now. My NEW truck, God help me. Wants to be able to pull the boat and haul her own deer if need be. 

So where does she go on her first drive alone? TO A GUN SHOP FOR POWDER, PRIMERS AND HOPPES #9! 

Could it get better than that?!? LOL

Love ya Punkin.

Now she can haul her own deer! Still washing the last one out of the bed of mine.

First TRUCK!!.jpg

She's finding out that some of being an adult just plain sucks. But the rest of it's pretty cool! 

We just spent the weekend loading ammo together. Just talkin. My boy stopped over and sat for a bit. Great weekend. I'll take them as long as I can.

Just now, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Now if she can only teach you how to hunt......:P

Oh, low blow! True, but low!

I need that bad! Everywhere we go some punk turns his head. Makes me want to break their necks. But..... I don't.

16 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

She's to busy find'n the retirement home for him.........:lol::P

OLG

Not yet!

7 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Congratulations on your daughter's first successful solo trip.  How did she get the powder?  The stores here require you to be 18.

She's 18. Fort Wayne drivers are terrible! So she waited to get her license.

5 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

She's 18. Fort Wayne drivers are terrible! So she waited to get her license.

Yeah, city drivers are the worst. But I got to go to TWO gun shops in the same day! Haha!

The thing you should look forward to is the day you suddenly realize that this woman is no longer just your daughter, she is now also your friend.

40 minutes ago, Noz said:

The thing you should look forward to is the day you suddenly realize that this woman is no longer just your daughter, she is now also your friend.

I think we hit that point some time ago. I was sitting in my blind alone one day thinking Wow. This is boring. Hunting alone sucks now. Used to love it. Good conversation on our trips. 

6 hours ago, Kaya said:

Yeah, city drivers are the worst. But I got to go to TWO gun shops in the same day! Haha!

Country driving can have its' draw backs, too.

Wait til you are driving a twisting state highway and get stuck behind some old guy in a pick up doing 35 in a 55 with his left turn signal on the whole time.

(Better known as following your Dad someplace.):lol:

So, How many proposals of marriage has she received from the sons of members on here?

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

So, How many proposals of marriage has she received from the sons of members on here?

It would thrill me to death if she dated a cowboy kid. They've seen her shoot and I would know his folks. And we are surrounded by the nicest folks in the world!

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

A new truck?

Them's some mighty expensive hunting lessons!:P:lol:

Nice of her to take it in trade rather than cash, though.

You misunderstand. She bought it herself! 

20 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

You misunderstand. She bought it herself! 

Like I said, them must have been some expensive huntin' lessons.:P

Either that or she worked her little tookas off for the last few years and saved every nickel, dime, penny and quarter along the way to go buy herself a truck.

Archived