Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423

Do Y’all Play Video Games?

Recommended Posts

Can you imagine if the very popular Red Dead Redemption II was done as a Virtual Reality game?  

 

 

 

I can!!

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.

 

Fricken hate video games... Keeps people out of the real world.

 

Phantom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Nope.

 

Fricken hate video games... Keeps people out of the real world.

 

Phantom

 

Did ya watch the video?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

 

Did ya watch the video?  

Would that change my philosophy on video games?

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Would that change my philosophy on video games?

 

:lol:

 

Maybe not... but it’d insure you got the punchline... ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

 

Maybe not... but it’d insure you got the punchline... ;)

Ooohhh... Gotcha:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Ooohhh... Gotcha:P

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love your videos Jedi! Keep em coming!

 

BD

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buckshot Dobbs said:

Love your videos Jedi! Keep em coming!

 

BD

 

 

 

Thanks BD!  Have a great day pard!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son has it but I haven't tried it yet. Never got into video games, too busy with my motorcycles and guns in real life. I do enjoy some of his older games on Atari and Sega, but the new ones are "too realistic" to me. Would rather just use the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Nice VR though! ;)


I sure am glad ya watched the video.  :)  I was thinkin’ to myself “Jed, you really didn’t title this topic very well”.... 

 

 

Y’all, have to watch the video... 

 

Now I’m thinkin’ to myself “a joke ain’t funny if you’ve got to explain it...”. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

JIK-Great video:excl:

Kinda figured you'd throw a 4-1 day at us. :lol:

OLG

 

Well, rest assured OLG I’ll do better, at least with my Topic Title, next time around.  :D  But, I asked the question... :blink:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yup, video games, board games, card games, and of course shooting games.

 

Dark orbit is the primary video game/ MMORPG I play. It's online, real time with lots of interactive play, PvP, questing, team play, etc.

 

I also have my motorcycles, guns and Jeep...

Edited by Boomstick Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Yup, video games, board games, card games, and of course shooting games.

 

Dark orbit is the primary video game/ MMORPG I play. It's online, real time with lots of interactive play, PvP, questing, team play, etc.

 

I also have my motorcycles, guns and Jeep...

 

When it comes to video games, I’ve always been a Nintendo guy.  And, I also enjoy board games and card games!  

 

And, I have to admit, RDR2 really intrigues me... I just don’t know that I could dedicate the time to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing first person shooter games since Wolfenstein came out back in the early 90s.  I'm currently playing the newest version of Call of Duty, online against other people only, never against the computer, too boring and predictable.  I put in a solid hour or so a week then it gets old and I either shoot or fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your video was a crack up. It was extreamly funny. I hope everyone watches the video, It was a great April fools day program. Placing your self as the shooter was very innovative and funny. You did good. I found many years ago some people will not "GET IT". Keep up the good work on your videos.

I had a good laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1988 Mario Bros. Awesome. 

Early '90s, Doom and the Quake series. Mostest awesome. 

 

I stay away from video games AND golf now. Too addictive.  Waaaaay too addictive.  ^_^

 

Good video! I enjoy all your stuff, Jed I. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Nope.

 

Fricken hate video games... Keeps people out of the real world.

 

Phantom

The real world? Is that the place where people dress up like cowboys and talk about it on Internet forums?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

The real world? Is that the place where people dress up like cowboys and talk about it on Internet forums?

Okay...should have also said i hate the fricken interweb too...but unfortunately I fall prey to it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jed I, another great video. I had to show it to my son and he was cracking up. He kept saying "look daddy, this guy is playing a video game, but he's shooting for real. That's s funny!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

Jed I, another great video. I had to show it to my son and he was cracking up. He kept saying "look daddy, this guy is playing a video game, but he's shooting for real. That's s funny!"

YIPPIE, He gets it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

My son has it but I haven't tried it yet. Never got into video games, too busy with my motorcycles and guns in real life. I do enjoy some of his older games on Atari and Sega, but the new ones are "too realistic" to me. Would rather just use the real thing.

If I play this game, I am going to team up with your boy. I'll need protection from the other 14 year old kids, and nothing is more dangerous in games than a 14 year old boy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jed,  I think the game creators for Red Dead need you to add this VR skill of yours into Red Dead III

 

GPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is one I played before I found out about CAS. 

 

IMG_0906.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Just Bill SASS# 16394 said:

Your video was a crack up. It was extreamly funny. I hope everyone watches the video, It was a great April fools day program. Placing your self as the shooter was very innovative and funny. You did good. I found many years ago some people will not "GET IT". Keep up the good work on your videos.

I had a good laugh.

Thanks Bill.  

8 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

1988 Mario Bros. Awesome.

... ...

Good video! I enjoy all your stuff, Jed I. 

I still enjoy a little Mario... (Mario Kart, Mario Party) and Zelda too...

3 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Jed I, another great video. I had to show it to my son and he was cracking up. He kept saying "look daddy, this guy is playing a video game, but he's shooting for real. That's s funny!"

I should have videoed my sidekick, Logan (14 years old) when he watched this episode.  He was cracking up and saying things like “that’s not even the right button to shot!” and “I can tell the game isn’t even on because of the color of the controller”.  It really was almost as funny watching him (okay, MAYBE funnier) than it was watching the episode.  

It does make me happy that folks got and enjoyed the joke.  

31 minutes ago, GPG said:

Jed,  I think the game creators for Red Dead need you to add this VR skill of yours into Red Dead III

 

GPG

Now, that’d be a dream come true!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Snake-eye, SASS#45097 said:

Here is one I played before I found out about CAS. 

 

IMG_0906.JPG

 

That was a good one! I played through the demo of it back in the day and liked it. Its Star Wars themed cousin, Dark Forces, was one of my all time favorites. The Fallout series was great as well. 

 

If I were still playing video games, I think RDR2 would be up my alley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rad!  And you didn't even have to go into dead eye mode!  Don't forget to clean your guns or they'll do less damage. 

 

I love that game.  Well, except for the self defense mechanics.  Group of hombre's throw a gun on me and I put them all down.  Next thing ya know I have the law after me for murder and I have to pay a bounty.  That just ain't right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, went out and bought it for Cody James before I got to the end.  All we need is one more video game in this house:angry:.  Thanks Jed I!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool video Jedi B) and yes.  Liked and subscribed!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Snake-eye, SASS#45097 said:

Here is one I played before I found out about CAS. 

I’ve heard of “Outlaws” but never played it.  It does look fun!

 

22 hours ago, Half Deaf Hoss Deveraux said:

Rad!  And you didn't even have to go into dead eye mode!  Don't forget to clean your guns or they'll do less damage. 

 

I love that game.  Well, except for the self defense mechanics.  Group of hombre's throw a gun on me and I put them all down.  Next thing ya know I have the law after me for murder and I have to pay a bounty.  That just ain't right...

If I’d used the “dead eye” mode I might not have missed that one ;). And, yeah, cleanin’ guns is a must (virtually or not!). 

 

13 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Nice, went out and bought it for Cody James before I got to the end.  All we need is one more video game in this house:angry:.  Thanks Jed I!

I get blamed for everything :P  

 

:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David Balthazar said:

Cool video Jedi B) and yes.  Liked and subscribed!!

 

Oh!  Yes, you know I appreciate that!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Nope.

 

Fricken hate video games... Keeps people out of the real world.

 

Phantom

 

It pains me to agree with the Phantom.  

 

I didn't open this topic because I'm not interested in video games.  But I pulled it up this afternoon when I'd ran out of other places to troll and found it a spoof so watched the video.  Yeah, pretty clever.  I figure you'll get some hate messages from the gamers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.