SASS Wire Forum

The Highwaymen

8 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm watching it NOW  (10:15 EST).   First few minutes looks good.

..........Widder

Watched it last night. It was pretty good. The cars and guns were cool 

Does anyone know how many 'hits' Bonnie and Clyde took.

Looking at some old historical pictures, it looks like their car was riddled with 100+ bullets.

How many hit B & C?

..........Widder

Watched it last night.  Good movie!  Loved the scene in the gun shop.  Only problem I had was understanding some of the dialogue.  Don't know if it was the tv speakers or my ears, but just couldn't pick up several lines by Kostner.  Otherwise, a real good movie.  Of course YMMV.

Dr. O. R. Vet

I watched it last night. Totally enjoyed it. Good acting, good script, period correct cars, homes, streets, uniforms, clothes, guns, etc.......But, I agree, Costner's hoarse, croaking whisper was hard to discern at times. YMMV

26 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Does anyone know how many 'hits' Bonnie and Clyde took.

Looking at some old historical pictures, it looks like their car was riddled with 100+ bullets.

How many hit B & C?

..........Widder

From Wiki

Researchers have said Bonnie and Clyde were shot more than fifty times each;[24] others claim closer to twenty-five wounds per corpse, or fifty total.[108] Officially, parish coroner Dr. J. L. Wade's 1934 report listed 17 separate entrance wounds on Barrow's body and 26 on Parker's,[109] including several headshots on each, and one that had snapped Barrow's spinal column. Undertaker C. F. "Boots" Bailey had difficulty embalming the bodies because of all the bullet holes.[110]

The April issue of True West magazine has articles on Hamer, Gault, Bonnie and Clyde, and making the movie.  Worth a look.

I dont watch anything without subtitles anymore, so I enjoyed the dialogue.

i guess my  Friday night post on the movie was a case of “premature evaluation “!  Glad to see I did not enjoy it alone!!

F513638B-49B7-4E21-87F2-72566444EC68.thumb.jpeg.d1a6db63a640b5d22e6943986492619c.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Dr. O. R. Vet said:

Only problem I had was understanding some of the dialogue.  Don't know if it was the tv speakers or my ears, but just couldn't pick up several lines by Kostner. 

I think that there are several things going on all at the same time.  First is that it has been fashionable, especially in western period pieces, for the actors to talk in Mumble.  I guess it is supposed to give it a more 'authentic' feel.  Or something.  Second is that sound effects and music have become more important than dialog.  Third is that as we get older our hearing gets worse.

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

The car went on tour as a ghoulish attraction for awhile. It's on display at in Primm, NV

http://www.cultofweird.com/crime/bonnie-clyde-death-car/

My stepson used to race in the desert and when we’d go up to cook for the race team and pit crew we’d stay at Whiskey Pete’s. I believe it’s the real car but there are plenty of people that don’t based on the comments I heard over the years. 

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I think that there are several things going on all at the same time.  First is that it has been fashionable, especially in western period pieces, for the actors to talk in Mumble.  I guess it is supposed to give it a more 'authentic' feel.  Or something.  Second is that sound effects and music have become more important than dialog.  Third is that as we get older our hearing gets worse.

And fourth, Kevin Costner and Clint Eastwood and Nick Nolte and a dozen other actors are feeling the effects of aging.  

LL

I loved the scene in the gun shop!

Archived