SASS Wire Forum

Dick's loses 150M..... OOPS!

This makes me go

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

:D

Serves them Right ...

"Levi" Jeans lost 99% of their market up here when they went Anti Gun ...

Wrangler was then able to increase their support for Cowboys and Hunters , due to their increased market share ....

Jabez Cowboy

9 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

made me feel good to cut ties with them

I never had any ties with Dick's, but Levis made the only jeans that fit me.  I buy Wranglers now but have to have them tailored.

Why is Mickey D's still top of the hamburger chain pyramid after what old Lady Cronck (SP?) did after the San Isedro shooting?

10 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Why is Mickey D's still top of the hamburger chain pyramid after what old Lady Cronck (SP?) did after the San Isedro shooting

Would you elaborate?

Wiki says the store was torn down, that Micky D's donated a million dollars to survivor benifits, and Mrs. Croc, personally, put in another 100K.

What else happened?

Howdy,

I don't see donations to survivors as being anti anything.

A tragedy is a tragedy.

She make a statement of some kind?

I am too busy to keep track.

Best

CR

Take a look at how much she contributed to anti-gun causes over the next several years.  I haven't been in one of their stores in over 30 years because of her stance against my rights.  Other folks sell hamburgers, too, and many are a sight better than anything they sell.

This is my last comment on this subject because I'd prefer to NOT get kicked off the site.

I bought a Gun Safe from Dicks in 09 in Chattanooga. My first and last purchase there. I love what is happening to them!   Cheers  Hoss C.

Here's a link to an article that I think provides some interesting perspective:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-29/dick-s-dks-ceo-ed-stack-says-gun-shift-cut-sales-by-150m

"Dick’s estimates the policy change cost the company about $150 million in lost sales, an amount equivalent to 1.7 percent of annual revenue. Stack says it was worth it.
'The system does not work,' Stack said. 'It’s important that when you know there’s something that’s not working, and it’s to the detriment of the public, you have to stand up.'"

Saw that in our local paper as well. I don't think 1.7% is going to make much difference to them. But that's assuming the number is correct.

9 hours ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

Here's a link to an article that I think provides some interesting perspective:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-29/dick-s-dks-ceo-ed-stack-says-gun-shift-cut-sales-by-150m

"Dick’s estimates the policy change cost the company about $150 million in lost sales, an amount equivalent to 1.7 percent of annual revenue. Stack says it was worth it.
'The system does not work,' Stack said. 'It’s important that when you know there’s something that’s not working, and it’s to the detriment of the public, you have to stand up.'"

If the 'perception' of the CEO is wrong about one thing, then its highly possible that its questionable about his

other 'perceptions'.

1.7% of a short time period grows in 'multiples' over the next few years.   It won't stay constant.

I buy tennis shoes about every couple years.   And, I use to buy them at Dicks because of their

selection of what I wanted.   No more shoes from Dicks for me.  No more jogging outfits for my

wife or her tennis shoes.    No more shotgun shells, etc.....

And no more gun cleaning supplies.

These things add up over the years.   A $1 loss from me this year will be a $10 from me next year.

Then those tennis shoes ($100) will be their loss on the 3rd year.

Of course, at some point, my yearly $1 expense will roll around..... but so will the $10 and $100 year.

..........Widder

Archived