SASS Wire Forum

Boots

I've worn high heeled boots all my life cause I rode horses all my life, and that's what everyone I know wore. I can not get used to the flat heels boots. hard to change yer ways when you're pushing 82. And shoot I used to think that was old!!! I meant to add how many of y'all still wear high heeled boots?

boots.jpg

I had to quit wearing them a few years back, doctor's orders. I sure do miss those high heeled cowboy boots.

25 minutes ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

I had to quit wearing them a few years back, doctor's orders. I sure do miss those high heeled cowboy boots.

I had two total knee replacements done about 12 years ago and my Dr. told me NO high heels boots for about 6 months.

So I had to buy a pair of lower underslung boots and with a spur ridge. Figured I may get some use out of them in my older age.  haha

My ex-brother in law shod horses in the 60's for about 5 years. Sure did a number on my back. That's when we were getting $12 per horse.

2 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

My ex-brother in law shod horses in the 60's for about 5 years. Sure did a number on my back. That's when we were getting $12 per horse.

Lol ya nothing replaced YET, but my doc told me if I didn't quit wearing high heels, it would finish screwing up my knees and back. With all the abuse my body has taken over the years of being a horseshoer and carpenter I am still in pretty good shape. I was getting 120 a horse when I quit shoeing but I was one of the lowest price in the county

My feet. They seem to have aged faster than the rest of me. Too bad. Boots make me taller.

I have a couple pair of dress boots that I wear occasionally, but just for a short period. :(

Gave up on them years ago. 20 years ago. Between my back, my knees and now my messed up feet I can’t deal with them. I have been wearing Ropers and low heeled boots and shoes for years.

I did try on a few pair of really nice Western boots a few months back. Just walking around in the store gave my right foot fits and my half artificial knee reminded me of what the doc said. So, low heels for me. That’s it.

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Gave up on them years ago. 20 years ago. Between my back, my knees and now my messed up feet I can’t deal with them. I have been wearing Ropers and low heeled boots and shoes for years.

I did try on a few pair of really nice Western boots a few months back. Just walking around in the store gave my right foot fits and my half artificial knee reminded me of what the doc said. So, low heels for me. That’s it.

my boots  don't seem to affect my artificial knees any, just cant walk as far as I used to.

Oh I also develop nueropithy (I thank that is how it is spelled) that give me more problems in boot

I am just the opposite.  Need the heels or my back starts to ache.  But am still under 70.   Before I retired a few years ago I was told was not supposed to wear boots, needed approved foot wear.   Foot doctor offered me a prescription for cowboy boots.   HaHa   Loved their response at work.      GW

5 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

I've worn high heeled boots all my life cause I rode horses all my life, and that's what everyone I know wore. I can not get used to the flat heels boots. hard to change yer ways when you're pushing 82. And shoot I used to think that was old!!! I meant to add how many of y'all still wear high heeled boots?

boots.jpg

Almost exclusively.  Just wear sneaks around the house....... like slippers with better traction.

Just now, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Almost exclusively.  Just wear sneaks around the house....... like slippers with better traction.

Yeah Forty Rod, (reminds me of Forty Creek whiskey) slip on around the house is pretty much what I do too.

3 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Oh I also develop nueropithy (I thank that is how it is spelled) that give me more problems in boot

+1 :(  I mostly wear orthodic hiking boot that wouldn't be "legal" for CAS!  I've got some flat-heeled cavalry boots with orthodic inserts I wear when I do CAS.  Now I know what my grandfather meant when he said getting old is hell!  And I'm only going on 77! Both folks made it to 98, and I hope to make it to see the Air Force retire the B-52's in 2050...when I'm 108!

Archived