SASS Wire Forum

dutch van der linde

Howdy yall prospecting on becoming a member and was wanting to get into CAS looks like tons of fun was wanting to know if any clubs are near my location of austin texas that could show me the ropes. I am an avid shooter I've got a cimarron-model p  and a marlin 45-70 cowboy still working on the rest thanks in advance.

STOP!  Don't buy any more guns until you have visited a club, talked to shooters and learned about the game.  You will find them to be the most friendly folks that you have ever been around.  You can go to the SASS home page and find a LOT of information including location of CAS clubs and their schedules.  (By the way, a lever rifle in 45/70 is not used in CAS matches, only occasionally in side matches.  Your main match lever rifle must be in a pistol caliber.)   Google can be your friend, try SASSNET.COM  Welcome to the fire!

Blackfoot

Welcome to the best game there is. Listen to  Blackfoot.

Read the handbook:

https://www.sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php

Texas Clubs:

https://sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Texas

https://sassnet.com

@Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646

should be along shortly with an important tip ;)

Clip, clop.....clip, clop.....whoa. Howdy Pardner. Welcome to the fire. These folks are giving you some good advice. It is easy to get carried away with the buying and get a lot of expensive stuff you may not need or even want later. Go watch some matches, try anything anybody offers to let you try and then you can make some informed CHOICES. Dont just grab the first Cowboy looking thing you see, no matter how pretty. Its like pickin a life partner, some work better for our game than others, no matter how pretty they look in the showroom. And then go get yourself a good HAT.

Imis    (How dat ,Tyrel?)

Plum Creek on first weekend

Texican Rangers on second weekend

Tejas Caballeros on third weekend

Green Mountain Regulators on forth weekend and also when there's a fifth weekend.

All Saturday matches. Texicans and Plum Creek also shoot Sundays.

Welcome !!!

That .45-70 is just Fine for " Long Range Lever " side matches .....

What Caliber is the Model "P" in ?

Yes , get out to some local club matches ...

Again Welcome !!!

Jabez Cowboy

I sure hate to see a young fella such as yourself get caught up in this game. Its a treacherous slope that you cant seem to quite get off of. You'll lose sleep dreaming up transitions and new ways to shoot a stage. You'll do away with all but your best friends in favor of these new strangers that you cant seem to dislike, even though you try mighty hard with a couple of them:ph34r:. You'll find yourself driving 2 or 3 hours to shoot for a minute and a half. You'll see your bank account go from yeehaw to uh oh. You'll feel like you're on a rollercoaster with all the ups and downs as you find your best way to shoot. 

And buddy, you'll love every minute of it! Welcome!

Thanks for the tips partners btw i did not actually buy those guns specifically for cowboy shooting i just wanted them did not even know this was a thing but after watching some you tube videos on cowboy shooting looked vary cool so here i am. The  model p is 45LC.

18 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

. . . . . You'll find yourself driving 2 or 3 hours to shoot for a minute and a half. . . . .

I keep telling myself that's the reason I shoot so slow, Tennessee.  So I can enjoy it longer. :o

Some Folks will tell Ya to get Da little caliber guns ,,,,, resist!!!

Happyness begins with a .40 Caliber ie:  .38-40 and on up ...

More Smoke for those inclined that way .....

Jabez Cowboy

27 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

You'll find yourself driving 2 or 3 hours to shoot for a minute and a half.

A minute and a half is just one stage for me.

Archived