SASS Wire Forum

Nameless new shooter

Straight Arrow Hombre

Last Saturday a good friend of mine came out to our monthly match to give our game a try. He recently bought a pair of pistols from a mutual friend that has quit shooting, and let me know he wanted to give it a try. Deuce loaned him long guns and leather, and I provided him with ammo. He had never fired any of our types of guns, yet he got it figured out pretty quick. It won’t be long and he’ll be pushing us. He’s ordered long guns from Deuce, ordered a cart from me, and will be working with Doc Noper for leather. Once he figures out an alias and finds a hat he’ll be good to go.

And the CAS "BANG/CLANG opiod creates another addict!

BUWHAWAHA (Insert evil laugh imogie here)

Oh Lord help him if you all are thinking him up an Alias!!! Hahaha :D :lol:

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Hat is important.  How about Noah Alias

Imis

It was his very first time out and he went from having no real idea what SASS was all about to being all in. I have worked with a ton of new and perspective shooters and I'm excited because this one is going to stick. He is being guided by a couple of guys who absolutely love the game and all of our history. We are working on getting him going and he will be wearing the clothing minimums next weekend and he will decide on how he wants to roll clothing wise after that. 

On 3/27/2019 at 5:14 PM, Straight Arrow Hombre said:

Last Saturday a good friend of mine came out to our monthly match to give our game a try. He recently bought a pair of pistols from a mutual friend that has quit shooting, and let me know he wanted to give it a try. Deuce loaned him long guns and leather, and I provided him with ammo. He had never fired any of our types of guns, yet he got it figured out pretty quick. It won’t be long and he’ll be pushing us. He’s ordered long guns from Deuce, ordered a cart from me, and will be working with Doc Noper for leather. Once he figures out an alias and finds a hat he’ll be good to go.

DC230313-799D-4E20-ABE5-F5B727D93350.MOV

I've often wondered why some Colt shooting Cowboy didn't call themselves Colt Blooded. 

After watching the video -  “Sandbagger” might be good.  

You seldom see a new shooter to CAS, even one with other action shooting experience, be able to shoot like that!  He will soon be in the Borg group if he continues.

It's a real pleasure when new people are interested in CAS! :)

I am a newbie myself and have recently joined this wonderful game. I've just shot a couple of matches and haven't attended a RO class yet. So, I am really a greenhorn and definetly don't want to be a smart... or grinch here, just want to learn as much as possible (and hence write this post).

While watching the video I was wondering if the draw of the first revolver was according the 170 rule? And as there are people in the background it's possibly sweeping with al loaded gun. I would very appreciate if an experienced shooter could give a comment on this and disprove my concerns.

Equanimous

10 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

It's a real pleasure when new people are interested in CAS! :)

I am a newbie myself and have recently joined this wonderful game. I've just shot a couple of matches and haven't attended a RO class yet. So, I am really a greenhorn and definetly don't want to be a smart... or grinch here, just want to learn as much as possible (and hence write this post).

While watching the video I was wondering if the draw of the first revolver was according the 170 rule? And as there are people in the background it's possibly sweeping with al loaded gun. I would very appreciate if an experienced shooter could give a comment on this and disprove my concerns.

Equanimous

It is extremely hard to tell from pictures or videos. Based on the TO I see there and the crew he was shooting with I'm going to assume he did not break the 170. I would also assume if it was close the shooter was instructed appropriately.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

It was his very first time out and he went from having no real idea what SASS was all about to being all in. I have worked with a ton of new and perspective shooters and I'm excited because this one is going to stick. He is being guided by a couple of guys who absolutely love the game and all of our history. We are working on getting him going and he will be wearing the clothing minimums next weekend and he will decide on how he wants to roll clothing wise after that. 

Good Deal.

He better come up with his own name fast. I wouldn't want you guys coming up with one for him! :o

Goodwill is your friend. shopgoodwill.com Great place to buy used hats.

This is also a great inexpensive game to get into. All you need is 8 pistols, 4 rifles, 4 shotguns, 3 sets of leather, a cart, clothes, boots, a hat, reloading equipment and supplies, a camper and a truck, 8 weeks of vacation...and your good to go! ;)

… but he'll have some of the best mentors in the sport. Hope to meet him soon.

Good on ya'll. That is one of the reasons I was drawn to CAS. The people are always willing to help. You really don't get that in other shooting sports all the time.

Archived