SASS Wire Forum

Any Rush fans here?

Dantankerous

The man, the bike, The Macallan. ;)

20190327_183000.jpg

I've heard that even when they were touring he would have his bike with him and while the other two were doing meet & greets, he would be out "clearing his head".

Yes. Neil Peart (Rush's drummer extraordinaire) has logged many miles on a bike and logged a few bottles of Macallan's finest. 

ADV bike riders and Rush fans have had Neil "sightings" all across Canada and the US for years. 

A huge Rush fan here. I have a couple of Peart's books, and my daughters made it a point for me to see their last tour.

I think Alex Lifeson is one of the most underrated guitarists out there, because he is in a band with one of the greatest drummers and greatest bassists in rock and roll.

Great pic.

When I was in the bus business, I worked for the company that provided transportation for Rush.  On more than one occasion, I rode his, (Peart's) motorcycle from the bus lot to their storage facility a few miles away when they went on hiatus.  He's deep off into BMWs.  I was one of only three people in the company who had a motorcycle endorsement on my license and it was easier to just ride the bike over to storage than to pull it off of the tour trailer, load it onto another trailer, haul it to storage, and unload it into the storage room.

Nice scooter I suppose, but not my style.

IMG_2324.JPG

20 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Nice scooter I suppose, but not my style.

I traded a H-D Electra Glide Ultra Classic, after putting 12,000 miles on it in 8 months, in on a BMW R1200GSA.

New job since then has kept me off the BMW more than I'd like, but there's no comparison as far as comfort goes to my body.

I have ridden to work for the last three days - morning temps @ 43°F and evening temps @ 70°F.

2 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

The BMW GS models have always been the Swiss Army Knife of Bikes.  The seat height was too much for my legs to be comfy at a stop.

Seat height isn’t much of an issue for me, but I DO like being closeer to the ground.  I didn’t like how high I sat on Peart’s bike.  Just seemed a little clumsy to me.  My Buell was a little tall, but it was short wheelbase and I took a couple of inches out of the suspension by adjusting the springs.

That old Shovelhead has as many miles as Ol’ Green, my ‘97 dually, 384,000 plus!  Two engine overhauls and one complete remodel/redesign.  In its present configuration it is over 20 years running and needs a complete repaint and some scruffy looking chrome redone, but with the battery charged, it’ll start and run before the engine turns over three times.

It’s “Built in my image!” someone said.  Reckon I can’t argue that!!

My philosophy is if the brakes, lights, and tires are good and it runs reliably, whatever you ride is fine by me.

I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh too! I listen to him him everyday! Great American! :FlagAm:

12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh too! I listen to him him everyday! Great American! :FlagAm:

Yup, Rush Limbaugh fan here also! Have been for 30 years, 3 hrs. a day every day he is on if possible, GREAT American!  SCJ

19 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

The BMW GS models have always been the Swiss Army Knife of Bikes.  The seat height was too much for my legs to be comfy at a stop.

They make factory lowered models now. Wish my GSA was an inch lower- I'm on my tip-toes or only one foot down at a stop. With that said, I've never rode a more comfortable motorcycle and with a ~350 mile range, I stop when and where I want.

My wife refuses to ride [drive] it because it looks intimidating. Though tall it's one of the best balanced bikes I've ridden. Much better than my Yamaha FJR. Easier than the Electra Glide because it's 400 lbs lighter. 

Archived