SASS Wire Forum

So this happened today...Continuation of the truck dilemma

So, after my Silverado being in the shop for an extended length of time, and me doing lots of research on different trucks to replace it, my step mom called me last week.  She said that I could pick my dad's truck up and she'd mark it off as part of my share of the trust settlement.  So, now I have his 2002 Chevy 3500 Duramax diesel.  17 years old, but only 53,000 miles on the odometer.  Driving it home, the windshield seemed a little blurry, though.  Had trouble seeing a couple of times.  

dads silverado.jpg

I know the felling, my mom gave me my step dad's 96 GMC Sierra with about 34000 on it when I got it

10 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

So, after my Silverado being in the shop for an extended length of time, and me doing lots of research on different trucks to replace it, my step mom called me last week.  She said that I could pick my dad's truck up and she'd mark it off as part of my share of the trust settlement.  So, now I have his 2002 Chevy 3500 Duramax diesel.  17 years old, but only 53,000 miles on the odometer.  Driving it home, the windshield seemed a little blurry, though.  Had trouble seeing a couple of times.  

dads silverado.jpg

That's awesome. I hope it lasts forever.

Congratulations & I share your feelings. In 2005 my father gave me his 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with about 10,000 miles. Alzheimer's had progressed to the point that he no longer drove. Still have it and am nearing 75,000 miles. A gift that keeps on giving. Especially on setup days at the range and slippery winter conditions.

Sorry I did not read the post very carefully! I get it, good luck to you, nice story !

(I edited my original reply)

2 minutes ago, Double Barrel, SASS 34765 said:

Rye,

You might want to read the whole post. It wasn't the windshield that was blurry.

Duh!!!! That's what I get for reading too fast!!

I get it!!;)

Very nice.

I wear my Dad's Omega watch every day and once in awhile the  glass on it gets fogged up too....on the outside. I wipe my eyes and it goes away. Curious thing for sure.................

Nice truck, you'll enjoy it for sure. 

My Mother in Law gave me one of Dad's old '34 Ford Dump trucks. It has the same windshield issue. Now to restore the dang thing. More money. It's not only CAS that's expensive!

Archived