SASS Wire Forum

Analog vs Digital and other related subjects

Ace_of_Hearts

I read today that there are many School Districts that are removing Analog Clocks from the wall because the students don't know how to read them.

All this and more because the schools are too lazy to teach basics to there students.

We don't teach "Cursive" anymore. 

We don't teach Basic Government anymore.

We don't teach History anymore.

We don't teach Biology anymore.

They teach Math, but a form of it that no logical mind could ever call it Math again.

Is it any wonder that the "graduates" of these fine institutions of learning, have a thought process that is more digital than Analog. That is to say, not even one student even thinks about cause and effect of a solution, just the solution.

My Grand children are ignorant as a post as to what will happen tomorrow if they make the choices they make today.

I heard some girls joking about writing in secret code that their friends can’t read. They were joking about writing in cursive. 

My daughter had a heck of a time with math until she took a course that taught something called clock math.  It looks to me like it basically taught her to do math in different bases.  She wasn't exposed to analog clocks much either, but she sure took to that like a duck to water.  It's surprising they'd be taking analog clocks out of schools when they have one of them "new maths" based on it. 

I seem to recall being "taught" (I already knew how) to tell time with analog clocks in kindergarten.  Most of the kids went to school one day and came home able to "tell time." hurry-up.gif

Seems like it didn't take all that much of a time investment... no pun intended.  :rolleyes:

This is the kind of thinking process I had in mind. And it just doesn't pertain to women.

I saw one on FB not long ago about a common core method of multiplication.  The screen was split between someone doing it with a pencil the old way, then set up and brewed some coffee in less time. The problem wasn't hard when you broke it down and added it up, I did it in my head in about 15 seconds. And I am not a math genius.

JHC

Archived