SASS Wire Forum

i violated my set of rules and its your fault!

Trigger Mike

I once attended a shotgun sills course as a police officer and they made a point to make fun of an officer who brought a pistol grip shotgun.  They demonstrated how inefficient they are.  They emphasized we should not fall for hype and get one.  I followed that advice all these years, poking fun at all who went against it.  Then someone on this forum posted a picture of him holding one.  Others chimed in how great they are, in particular the Mossberg Shockwave. Somehow a 410 Mossberg Shockwave followed me home and now my 9 year old likes it.  It shoots well, though is a little stiff right now, and is good one handed with Federal #4 shot and accurate as well.  

12g - holds 9 + 1, if ya load 'em short like the Aguila mini-shells (1 1/2" loaded length), or 5 + 1 reg'lar ol' 2 3/4"ers. Haven't tried 3"ers, as I've become somewhat attached to my hands over the years. :) This thing is a HOOT!

Yes, that's how I smile. :angry:

100_2490.JPG

Just picked up the 20g Shockwave earlier today. I will be shooting it tomorrow for the first time.

It's use will be for home defense. Any hints on good defense ammo from this august body? I was thinking first two rounds will be slugs, and then follow with 4 of #4 buckshot. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

I'm shocked!

Not that you bought a Shockwave.

That you have a set of rules. :lol::P

Hey! I have rules!

Wife told me a couple just tonight.....

54 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I just don't see how it could be comfortable to shoot one.  One of these days, I'll find someone who owns one and will let me try it. 

Now, if anyone ever makes a mad max shotgun that I can own without a stamp, I'll be all over it. 

Here ya go, Max.;)

https://americanguncraft.com/product/diablo-break-open-12-gauge-pistol-black-grips/

https://americanguncraft.com/product/bulldog-12-ga-pistol-medium-tone-burl-wood/

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I just don't see how it could be comfortable to shoot one.  One of these days, I'll find someone who owns one and will let me try it. 

Now, if anyone ever makes a mad max shotgun that I can own without a stamp, I'll be all over it. 

Had mine to the range today, for the first time. Very easy and enjoyable to shoot. 

On 3/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

12g - holds 9 + 1, if ya load 'em short like the Aguila mini-shells (1 1/2" loaded length), or 5 + 1 reg'lar ol' 2 3/4"ers. Haven't tried 3"ers, as I've become somewhat attached to my hands over the years. :) This thing is a HOOT!

100_2490.JPG

I like the hat!!!

I know a lot of people who used to wear them, but some of them caught so much flak (NAZI!, FASCIST! BIGOT!, etc.), they decided it just wasn't worth it. I get the hairy eyeball from folks once in awhile, but no one has directly confronted me.

1 hour ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I know a lot of people who used to wear them, but some of them caught so much flak (NAZI!, FASCIST! BIGOT!, etc.), they decided it just wasn't worth it. I get the hairy eyeball from folks once in awhile, but no one has directly confronted me.

Ever realize it's usually the racists and bigots calling people that? I been meaning to get me a couple of those hats, just never got around to it.

27 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Ever realize it's usually the racists and bigots calling people that? I been meaning to get me a couple of those hats, just never got around to it.

You don't have one because you're probably either to cheap OR....... you've spent all your allowance on 

Ice Cream, probably Butter Pecan.

I heard you pulled out a dollar bill from your billfold the other day and Geo Washington squinted his

eye balls because its been a long time since he's seen the light of day..... :D

..........Widder

11 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You don't have one because you're probably either to cheap OR....... you've spent all your allowance on 

Ice Cream, probably Butter Pecan.

I heard you pulled out a dollar bill from your billfold the other day and Geo Washington squinted his

eye balls because its been a long time since he's seen the light of day..... :D

..........Widder

I'm so broke, if someone robbed me they'd just be practicing!

10 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I been meaning to get me a couple of those hats, just never got around to it.

I'm looking for some that say MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.  No one is selling them yet so I may have to get some comissioned at my local embroidery shop.  Last time I had them make me hats, I think got 10 for $100. 

Either that or wait till the 2020 campaign.  I'm sure they'll come out for that. 

One thing I don't get about the shockwaves or those pistols Utah Bob linked.  How are they legal but the raging judge (a 28 ga version of the judge) was not?  Supposedly the problem with the raging judge was that the bore diameter was over .50 so it couldn't be a pistol, and obviously it wouldn't make the grade as a shotgun without a buttstock and an 18" barrel. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

100_2490.JPG

If that's you smiling, I'd think your scowl would scare crooks off faster than racking that shotgun! :o

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

One thing I don't get about the shockwaves or those pistols Utah Bob linked.  How are they legal but the raging judge (a 28 ga version of the judge) was not?  Supposedly the problem with the raging judge was that the bore diameter was over .50 so it couldn't be a pistol, and obviously it wouldn't make the grade as a shotgun without a buttstock and an 18" barrel. 

The pistols are muzzleloaders, so no restrictions there. The Shockwave and TAC-14 got around the rules simply because of the wording. Part of the description of a shotgun is "designed to be fired from the shoulder". So they designed it NOT to be fired from the shoulder, and avoided AOW by making it longer than 26". It's not a pistol, not a rifle, not a shotgun, not a "destructive device", and not "Any Other Weapon", so ATF labels them as "Other Firearm".

Expect this to go like the bump stocks did - "Yeah, they're legal"... "Oops, we changed our mind, turn 'em in"

20 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

COME ON OVER YOU CAN SHOOT MINE

1 hour ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Expect this to go like the bump stocks did - "Yeah, they're legal"... "Oops, we changed our mind, turn 'em in"

This is the exact reason why I haven't bothered to buy an AR pistol and stick a Sig brace on it. It's obviously side-skirting SBR laws, and once ATF figures that out (or some nut uses one in a mass shooting) they'll be made illegal.

7 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I'm looking for some that say MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.  No one is selling them yet so I may have to get some comissioned at my local embroidery shop.  Last time I had them make me hats, I think got 10 for $100. 

Either that or wait till the 2020 campaign.  I'm sure they'll come out for that. 

Better hurry up an trade mark that saying. Then you can license it to Trump and make a fortune off the royalties.

8 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Better hurry up an trade mark that saying. Then you can license it to Trump and make a fortune off the royalties.

Too late. Trump did it in 2012.

Archived