SASS Wire Forum

What comes to mind when you hear the term wildcat?

Alpo

I looked it up. There are two actual named "wildcats" in the world. One's in Europe. The other is in Africa. There are no "Wildcats" in the New World.

So I tried North American Wildcat. Got several hits. Bobcat, lynx, mountain lion, ocelot, Jaguar, and one more that I forgot what it's called.

In the book I am currently reading, a wildcat is about to jump on the girl, and she is saved in the nick of time by the dashing rancher. Since it mentions the long tail on the now dead cat, I presume it's a cougar.

But when I hear "wildcat", I think bobcat.

So what is your first thought?

6 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

University of Kentucky their mascot happens to be a

WILDCAT.

ea4c793004d94f401af347fba329c9cf.jpg

As a University of Kentucky basketball fan, I have a few articles of clothing with their Wildcat mascot on them. So I'm with Tyrel Cody. Subdeacon Joe is a close second though. 

Or perhaps an old girlfriend from your early days!!!!     GW

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Pot, meet Kettle!

Around here, the University of Arizona has the Wildcat mascot. I think of it because it's everywhere, and these people are stupid crazy fans.

Ever been in Kentucky during basketball season?:blink:

14 hours ago, Captain Clark said:

Image result for 50 cal wildcat cartridges

Something like these!

Yep. I was thinking American Rifleman, Guns and Ammo, Shooting Times magazine covers from the 60's.

My late Aunt Frannie. Her husband, my Uncle John, never called her by her name........it was always The Wildcat, Hey Wildcat, Wildcat. 

2 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Animal, car, airplane, Ann Margret. Off normal cartridges.

I think we need to concentrate on this form of Wildcat; pictures would be great :D

What comes to my mind when I heard the term Wildcat is this critter.  I took his/her photo just over my back fence.  The look on that wildcat's face let me know what he/she thought of me taking his/her photograph.

Bobcat

OYoEUX.jpg

Then the cat just slowly walked away giving me a backward glance of "Go to....."

kP9IdY.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Don't you just love it when someone acknowledges the effort you've made?

I worked hard to be weird, didn't you all?

Do you remember what you called me? I  can't imagine or remember why. It was one of tag lines on Belle Alley.

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Do you remember what you called me? I  can't imagine or remember why. It was one of tag lines on Belle Alley.

Allie, I can't remember what I had for supper three hours ago, so how could I remember that far back?  (I'm old, you know.)  Remind me

Archived