SASS Wire Forum

Original marlin 93

evil dogooder

What do you think they are worth.   Guy at work has his great grandfather's he wants to sell.  Has a 32" barrel in 38-55 bore  is solid but no finish left.  First year production.  He's asking 1200 which is less than I paid for mine which is made in 95.    I don't really need another but I like odd barrel lengths. 

Hrs great grandfather ordered the gun.

I think 1200 is a pretty fair price for a Original  .

( if its in shooting condition )

We pay that for Clones Nowadays  

Just Sayin .

Rooster 

You might try shouting out to Goatneck Clem. He is a marlin collector and may be able to give some advise. He will need more detailed information, though.

http://www.goatneckclemgunsmithing.com/

The Marlin Model 93 Rifle are good solid rifles.  I have one I shoot in Long Range Cowboy and NRA Cowboy  Lever Silhouette.  These Rifles are extremely accurate.  The one I shoot was made in 1093.  In my experience with these rifles they are under sized in bore diameter.  I shoot a 32-40 cal.  My C Sharps and my Winchesters and other rifles use a .323 bullet diameter.  The Model 93 we use a .320 bullet diameter,  This rifle will group 1  MOA at 100yds.  I won EOT with it last year and some of the EOT's in the past also a few of the Winter Range Matches also. The 38-55 is no exception under sized bullets work.  Of course it is a good ideal to always slug your bore to  determine what bullet size to use.

Archived