SASS Wire Forum

Around the World with my Order

I'm glad I ordered my new cowboy pants long enough in advance to be sure they got here for May.

What really bothers me, is that they get a wonderful world tour; one that would have cost me a lot of money. 

I'm in Canada and that magical line does increase shipping costs quite a bit.

Then again, perhaps confusion and about where in the world is Canada accounts for some of the cost increases.

Here, submitted for your amusement is the saga of my new pants.

March 21, 3:00 PM USPS picked up from Mesa AZ

March 21, 5:08 PM Left Mesa, AZ Post Office

March 21, 9:55 PM Arrived USPS Phoenix, AZ

March 22, 5:46 AM Left Phoenix, AZ

March 22, 3:48 PM Arrived LA, CA

And from here, things get interesting

March 23,  (no time shown) In transit to next facility (Well, OK then)

March 23, 6:52 PM Processed through Regional Facility LA 

March 24, 11:57 AM Arrived LA (Say What? I thought it got there on the 22nd? But OK LA's a big city)

March 24, 7:01 Departed LA (Whew. The pants are out of LA and on the way!)

But wait! What's this?

March 25, 4:43 PM Departed London, United Kingdom

(Wait! What? Where? Hey guys! You overshot Canada, crossed the Atlantic Ocean and landed my pants on the wrong continent!!

Ottawa, Ontario is in CANADA, on the North American continent. You know; the same one you're on. Just on the opposite side.

I wonder where the pants will go from London?

Will they travel further east, across the vastness of Russia and China before making there way across the Pacific, back to LA?

Or will they double back across the Atlantic to North America?

Maybe they'll get a side trip south, over Africa or on to Australia.

It certainly will add to my appreciation of my well travelled pants when I eventually get them. Even if I am a little jealous of their adventure.

1897208194_Arewethereyet..JPG.fe1f51c00d81f649a73e2cad746e0fba.JPG

The wonders of the wizards of the US Postal Service are truly something to behold, are they not? :D

Cold Lake Kid's pants will be out of style by the time he gets them:lol:

The term"Eh" is one that you don't hear anymore.  Was big during the 60's, 70's and early 80's.  I even used it when I first joined the Air Force, haven't heard it used in years.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Cold Lake Kid's pants will be out of style by the time he gets them:lol:

Now that's funny right there!

The term"Eh" is one that you don't hear anymore.  Was big during the 60's, 70's and early 80's.  I even used it when I first joined the Air Force, haven't heard it used in years.

Still hear it. Was in da UP (Canada South) last year eh an did some fishin eh. Caught some big perch and had a big fry. fn eh it was good. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

I'm fighting a local delivery battle.  Week before last I ordered a microphone off eBay.   The promised date was March 21.  It was several days before I got notice that shipping label had been generated.  Several more days until it was checked into a post office.  Set there a couple of days without progress.   Finally it shows up in Kansas City with a new delivery date or March 23. It showed up at local post office Saturday to late for rural delivery.   Out for delivery yesterday.  Never showed up.  Sawmill Mary calls and substitute driver couldn't find our mailbox.  It's only been in the same spot for 36 years.  It's not like it's disguised or hidden.   Said it would be delivered today. But status on tracking says no access to mailbox.  It's time to check tracking again. -_-

I am doing the battle with USPS now , I ordered some carparts on Ebay and theaddress where I used to live was on the package. I contacted the post office to divert to Hold at Post Office, was told I had to do that online. I have been to the post office where I lived (40miles away) twice, only to be told usps tracking says it is in my local Post Office, local p.o. says it is in Nashville at the distribution center. This morning I will go to the local p.o. ans see if they can tell me anything. Since I signed on with USPS on line the send me emails daily about what will be in my mailbox later today. We will see

Imis  

Had a UPS package a couple years ago that never made it here. The tracking for almost a year said it was on the truck for delivery. It finally fell off the tracking site. The company I had ordered from made good on the order however. I still had to wait a bit as tracking kept showing out for delivery.

4 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I contacted the post office to divert to Hold at Post Office, was told I had to do that online

I've always been told the only one who could change the SHIP TO address is the shipper. Can't even tell 'em to HOLD FOR PICK UP. He can, but you can't.

29 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I've always been told the only one who could change the SHIP TO address is the shipper. Can't even tell 'em to HOLD FOR PICK UP. He can, but you can't.

He(Imis/the reciever) can tell them to hold it at the post office if he has the tracking number; has to be done online. I have done this several times, especially when it is something heavy or bulky. I believe you are correct that only the shipper can change the TO address.

Well, I checked the tracking info and learned my pants made it out of Heathrow airport in London England, traveled back across the Atlantic and are now in Montreal in the hands of Canada Customs, being examined to ensure the don't present a hazard to Canadian agriculture, wildlife or could be deemed WMD's

Now, as long as Montreal knows where Ottawa is and they don't ship them off to Iqualit or Yellowknife.

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

Nope, I was able to intercept, had to pick up at my local P.O., cost me $22. I finally got it today, it had to be initiated on-line.

Imis

Archived