SASS Wire Forum

Potential new member using cimaron atillary?

Loosechange

Welcome.  There is nothing wrong with the artillery model.  As a matter of fact, that’s a nice gun.  It all comes down to what you want.  A lot of folks will tell you that Rugers are the way to go, but I like Colts and Colt clones.  

Get to a match and try out some different guns.  But, keep in mind what you want to get out of the game.  

Ok so here it is... my friend Mike is letting me try out A. Uberti artillary with antique finish and let me say it is no stock Uberti... this is the old model.

my own worked pistols have a trigger just as light as this one he said purchased the pistol new and it does have all the paperwork and box... he had it “worked” but I can’t shoot it till Saturday. He has that for me for 450. Trigger is about 3 lbs

He says new but I swear I can see some light scoring on that cylinder

He put rounds on paper, he said one box about 8/9 years ago and then put it in the safe. I’ve known him for almost 20 years so I know all the weapons and firearms he has , and I believe him... but that light line concerns me?

i date coded the pistol... it has a “BT” making it 2003.... god I hope Saturday is a good day for this pistol. Anyway he’s telling me colt parts will interchange... I’m not sure about that. I heard the cylinder pin would but that’s all. 

He said it’s an anniversary model again I doubt that because it would have to be 

2009 but it’s dated with the stamp according to the internet that is a 2003

he has multiple grips as well and he thinks he has another Uberti  somewhere in his safe but it has not been worked it’s new neverfired for 450.00

Remember I’m only going to shoot this I haven’t bought it. I don’t know if the hammer is different he only said it’s been polished, no creep in the trigger and the timing is perfect? I don’t know if it’s short stroke or done up like that.

he has a awesome  El Paso leather holster and belt  but it only one holster and the belt is very small for me... he wears lime. 32 I wear a 38 

but I will be paying almost all the price for the holster and belt... if I buy it

he wants 750.00 for belt holster new pistol with papers and box and ammo (45LC)

6DBCBFCB-60D9-41AC-B0CB-2B3F11D2A334.jpeg

8C0B14EF-593B-47B4-9B59-C658F25BFFC5.jpeg

465B0357-3551-4787-AA59-EB6F96A0444D.jpeg

16B98DA9-7154-43FE-8FC0-645681B42278.jpeg

Update to the pistol and my intentions to be an sass member

ok the pistol is a 2003 Uberti Cimmaron 1873 clone ( it has a P in front on the serial number) antique finish... is it worth the 400.00 . I’m still debating  won’t know till I shoot it... I will be heading to the Rio Salado range to witness a meet first hand.

I’ve been told it would be even better to already have my membership to sass first but that’s where the issue comes in. 

Its not the cost cost of guns really but the involvement... real honest involvement like the people I see here who have dang good ol passion. I do have that yes... but it’s the investment of time and the passion to be a real trooper for events and meets and shooting etc. and yes it is  a bit cost prohibitive right now. But I’m not giving up

i know what I want I know what to buy I know want to do and how... it’s putting it into perspective to have it fall on place

keep you up to date... when I join your know my number and my alias

0A9942C4-C50A-412C-BD1A-B3C44DC86850.jpeg

EE6735EC-97A9-403E-B947-02DC7AF18ADC.jpeg

Yes, the cylinder has a light ring from cycling the action.   If the cylinder lock was fit perfectly correctly, you would not have a cylinder ring develop until after a fair amount of use.  But it's pretty normal and not much to worry about.  Ruger revolvers develop a ring mark quicker than SAA clones.

Good luck, and have fun with it.  GJ

i have one of those as well , i do not shoot it for SASS but not because it would be wrong in any way of thinking , i really like mine and it stays in a different place these days but it would be great fun if it had a mate , ive come to like a matched pair after years of shooting two different , they are now my backups , you have planted a seed that might one day sprout tho - its just buyin that second when i NEED so many others these days , 

Archived