SASS Wire Forum

USFA Bisley?

Cholla

I have seen a vendor at local gun shows with a like-new USFA Bisley with a 7.5" barrel. He's asking $1800 for it. I have never seen another so I am curious how rare it is and what its real value is. At that price, I can buy an original Colt Bisley.

At various times USFA pistols are going for more money than real Colts.

I am very lucky. I have a consecutive pair of USFA Bisley pistols, 38 with 5.5 barrel. When they were in business I toured the factory and placed the order. Beautiful quality handguns. And $ 1800.00 is a steal. I have never seen another consecutive pair.

I have one of each, colt and USFA, and the quality is outstanding. Mine are in 38-40 and the chambers on the USFA are a bit tight.  After I got tired of waiting for my order to deliver, I called them and talked to Gary himself. He said that they were currently out of the frames for the Bisley which were being made at that time with wide sights but he had some frames for the regular models that had the standard sights on them. I jumped on that option since it would be like my original Bisley.  When I had trouble with reloads chambering, I called him back and he said he had the same issue and solved it by machining .030" of the base of the sizing die. Did the same and have had no issues since then.

Back in the day, for a while their website showed a Bisley flattop.  I never saw it in their price sheet, but I would love to have one.  They made nice guns.  I have some Colt bisleys I like to shoot and would buy colts over the USFAs all things being equal.  But, I am unlikely to be able to afford an original Colt Bisley flattop.  A USFA would be a nice substitute.  I might buy and work over one of the Uberti SAA flattops that Dixie Gunworks carries.

11 hours ago, Oddnews SASS# 24779 said:

Buy it.

What he said.

Then post pics!

Archived