SASS Wire Forum

Illinois Judge rules FOID unconstitutional

Lawdog Dago Dom

The Illinois Firearm Owners Identification Card, that pain in the A$$ that has cursed Illinois gun owners since 1968 (also a banner year for gun owners, coincidentally) was declared unconstitutional by a Circuit Judge. Without a FOID card, you could not purchase ammo (and some components) or firearms. Illinois is the only state to entertain this form of silliness. It has been a rousing success, as FOID cards have driven down gun related crimes since 1968 (dripping with sarcasm). Now we will see what the Illinois Supreme Court says, and go from there. Please read the link. It literally is about a little old lady with a .22 bolt action rifle in her own home. Anyone feel safer yet?

http://www.gunssavelife.com/white-county-il-judge-rules-foid-unconstitutional-il-ag-appeals-illinois-supreme-court/

Just one of many reason why I chose to relocate to Missouri.  Thirty years of tolerating idiots making absurd rules regarding my owning firearms was all I could take.  Remove Chicago from Illinois and the crime they speak about almost completely disappears.

STL Suomi

Yeah, it does discriminate. Not much different than the folks clamoring that Voter ID laws are unconstitutional because it places a financial burden on some folks (like the poor, old, etc) to have an ID...which is crock of hooey because many states offered free ID cards.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived