SASS Wire Forum

RIP IJ...

Phantom, SASS #54973

He was top shelf indeed. The only Colt Single Actions I ever used in a cowboy match were the one's he loaned me when my family and I came to visit the Cowboys. My wife and daughter (and my sister) absolutely feel in love with his charm. 

God bless your family and friends amigo, RIP Mr. Ivory Jack McCloud.

IJ.jpg

IJ was a friend to many...I was just one of those that was blessed to know him.

Like I said to Smokestack last night, we're a large family... So unfortunately that means we lose a lot of folks that are important to us.

I pray for his family...

Phantom

9 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

The Man who signed me up into SASS all those years ago has left us...

I'm truly sad...he was a very good man.

Phantom

:(

When they announced that he had passed at the shooters meeting yesterday morning the entire crowd was stunned. IJ did so much for The Cowboys. He was one to ride the river with. :(

I offer my condolences.

Peace and comfort to his family and friends.

Condolences to the family and to you Phantom.  We are a big family and when we lose a close one, well it is hard!  Prayers for his family.  Prayers for you as we all know that close friends become part of us.

Oh Phantom,

I so understand. I was also touched by his kindness and humor. When I first met him at The Splash Bar, I was shocked and thrilled that he knew my name. We chatted like old friends, as SASS folks do. After that, I encountered him and Deborah at several conventions and matches. He really had a special smile and personality.

I too will miss him.

Sincerely,

Allie

When I first joined SASS and The Cowboys, I was accepted onto the infamous Posse 7. IJ was a main character and I will never forget his kindness, humor and good nature. He will be greatly missed.

So sorry to hear this. Sincerest condolences to his family and many friends. :(

Just a couple days ago, I mentioned our meeting up at the Splash bar at one of the Conventions, both of us carrying canes to go with our banquet outfits.

I asked if his was "loaded" (as was mine); he replied in the affirmative, but we opted to NOT unsheathe the swords within.

Phantom, My condolences for the loss of your friend. Prayers Up for his family & friends.

About a year after I got into Cowboy Action Shooting we were sitting around camp at The Ambush At Mill Creek, an annual match on Memorial Day weekend up at The Cowboys in Norco. I still had a lot to learn but I thought I’d complain about some silly rules that they had in this sport. Ivory Jack is there and sits back and hears me out and very nicely invites me over to a quite, isolated area and proceeds to let me know that I needed to learn how to respect the game and all of those who came before me that invented this sport and authored the safety rules that I was complaining about. Those rules were written for a reason and for me, a very green new comer to question the wisdom that went into the safety aspects of this sport wasn’t cool. I wasn’t the only one that had to abide by the rules, every shooter there had to abide by the rules. That little talk left a huge impression on me and even after he wasn’t the TG I called him Governor. Our sport lost a great one on his passing.

Sorry to hear about the Loss of your Pard.

I pray he knew the Lord,

And he is watching down from a cloud with safety glasses on watching over you .

As you can see, he touched many a life, not just in our world but in his personal world of friends, comrades, co-workers and of course, family,

He always has a bit of jerky in his gun cart for my Lab Riley, when I brought  him out to the matches.

I'm miss him just as the rest of you will.  We were all better to know him.

Archived