SASS Wire Forum

10 22 question-takedowns

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I like the 10 22. 

I just don't feel like I need one of the new takedown models.

But they have more and more interesting developments at 

fairly low prices.  

Of you pards who have 10 22 takedowns are they as accurate as the solid

target models?

I just don't know if I need to get started in a whole new thing.

Is it worth it?

Best

CR

Speaking as a 10/22aholic I can say that the takedowns are just accurate as a regular model. I have an early model and like it. I have 8 different 10/22's so I might be a bit biased. Yes, you need another 10/22.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Speaking as a 10/22aholic I can say that the takedowns are just accurate as a regular model. I have an early model and like it. I have 8 different 10/22's so I might be a bit biased. Yes, you need another 10/22.

Agree with Sixgun  .....  and I think I'm a 10/22holic also.  

BUT..... you ask if the takedowns are as accurate as the "Solid Target Models".    Well,  probably not.   But, Sixgun's reply

used the comparison with a "regular model", and I would agree that the takedown models would be as accurate

as the "regular models"    (but probably not the Solid Target Models).

HEY SIXGUN:  I have 4 of them, of which all 4 are highly customed.

1.  One is a 100% KIDD 10/22 with the lightweight barrel and 8 oz trigger.   Custom Boyds stock.

2.  One is Ruger receiver with KIDD Barrel and 1.5 lb trigger.  Custom Boyds stock.

3.  One is Feddersen receiver with Ruger heavy factory barrel, Volquartsen trigger system.    Hogue overmolded stock.

4.  One is Ruger receiver, KIDD barrel, KIDD 1.5 lb trigger.   Custom Boyds stock.

The KIDD trigger systems are noticeably BETTER than the Volquartsen trigger system.

I generally get my best accuracy with CCI Standard velocity, but I haven't tested my Lapua Center-X ammo yet.

Next time we cross paths at a big match, we'll have to sit down and talk .22 stuff.

..........Widder

I bought a Takedown for my Grandson. He claims it is more accurate than my regular 10/22 with the fixed barrel. He should know. He has shot the heck out of that thing. :D

I fired it. It seems about like what you would expect from a 10/22. It’s no tack driver but I think it’s pretty accurate using the factory sights. It does have a pretty heavy trigger.

27 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

my son kilt a beaver with his while swimming. 

Why was your son carrying his rifle while he was swimming? Groucho.gif.0d6d3196bec0014fa896960b6b9a1dc1.gif

Howdy,

The kid that prefers the takedown....which model takedown is that?

And

Is that takedown backpack bag useful or just

something to take up closet space?????

Any takedown bags for sale?

Best

CR

My sons is the camo stock with fiber optic sights. I had bought it for myself for the fiber optic front and rear sights due to my eye sight. Then one Christmas I showed him a few of my guns and let him pick what he wanted and he chose the breakdown 10/23

There was an issue for a spell with heat treatment of the breechface. This lead to peening of the barrel from the bolt's impact.

Good info here on the TD model.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=287

OLG

With a stack of 25 round mags they are a money hose. Not as bad as an AR but man, we go through the ammo with ours. 

Archived