SASS Wire Forum

WTB - 41 cal rimfire

Ripple

I have an old derringer from Merrimack Arms.

Is there someone out there who would sell me black powder loaded 41 rimfires?

Something lightly loaded? 

I may have a few factory loaded Navy Arms rounds......not sure if those were loaded with black powder or not??

18 hours ago, Okiepan said:

Try Dixie Gun Works they have some that work off of 22 Blanks

Thanks Okipan.  I talked to them this morning and she said that the brass has been on backorder for several months.

Appreciate the tip!

12 hours ago, RIDGE WALKER said:

I may have a few factory loaded Navy Arms rounds......not sure if those were loaded with black powder or not??

Hey Ridge Walker.

Are they the low pressure ones designed for derringers?

13 hours ago, RIDGE WALKER said:

Sent you a message.

1 hour ago, Ripple said:

I don't need a whole box … even a handful would be cool.

I have a handful of loose rounds with no box.....but also have a full box of factory Navy Arms .41 rimfire available.

The full boxes are spendy.

If Ripple does not purchase the box I will put them up for sale........these are very tough to find.

Ray Giles has one box left for sale on his website.....you can click on this link to find them.

https://www.rtgammo.com/

Turns out I have 50 loose factory Navy Arms .41 Rimfire cartridges plus the full original box.

Again, if I do not work out a deal with Ripple they will be available for purchase.

IMG-2457.jpg

IMG-2460.jpg

IMG-2461.jpg

IMG-2462.jpg

12 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Sorry they ain’t worth that kinda dough. To me.

Copy that........but believe it or not people are buying them and Ray cannot keep them in stock.  

My price would be a bit less, but not by much for the full original box.  I would do a bit better on the 50 loose rounds. 

Let's see what Ripple says......

Howdy Pard

I’ll second the info to buy the brass inserts from Dixiegunworks.  Noted your comment that the items are on backorder ... with patience hope you’ll be able to get your order filled. I use the similar items for a S&W 32 rimfire and it’s a hoot to get that ancient shootin’ iron back in the game.

If you keep your post active perhaps some good Pard with the brass 41 rimfire inserts will make a deal with ya.

While I suspect you’re way ahead of me with regard to your Derringer, let me issue a cautionary note about those who may own one of those old Derringers.  Have them inspected by a gunsmith prior to shooting them.  A buddy had one and I took it to my gunsmith.  Barely noticeable at first to the naked eye, but very obvious with a magnifying glass, was a crack in the hinge.  The gunsmith said the crack, altho seemingly minor, was deep and it wouldn’t take much to induce catastrophic failure.

Wish you the best of luck in getting that old iron back in the game.

Keep on the sunny side!

Fort Reno Kid 

Archived