Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Why do people do that? You ask one thing, they tell about another.

Recommended Posts

I was just on another forum where a guy asked about shooting Uberti SAA clones with modern smokeless powder. I guess he thought they were Black Powder “only” guns. People proceeded to tell him about other guns and how he should get rid of it and get a gun with a transfer bar and blah, blah, blah...

 

Annoys the hell out of me...

 

I have been on gun forums for well over 20 years and this kind of thing has been going on since before I started, I am sure.  It’s not just gun forums either. I have seen it on others.

 

When a person asks about something why do some people think they need to interject with their opinion regarding something the original poster didn’t even ask about?

 

I guess you could call this a pet peeve of mine...

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Poodles are really smart dogs, aren’t they?

Thanks for the laugh. Luckily I had just swallowed my coffee. :lol:

 

Good one, Marshal. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea but Colts really are better than ROOGERS!!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat, I believe it's because they want to find a way to inject their opinion into a conversation, even if it isn't relevant to the topic. 

 

BTW - My Pfaff will run circles around your Bernina.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my 81 years I have found some really good info in mags and lately in firearm forums. But... saying that I have found really stupid blogs by people that know everything. Best to take everything you read or see with a grain of salt. And consider the source. I think the SASS wire produces some of the best info to questions that I have found. I consider the SASS wire as my go to for any questions I have.

And yes its rally annoying to ask a question and have some moron inject their opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

 

And yes its rally annoying to ask a question and have some moron inject their opinion.

Rally?

 

moron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Rally?

 

moron

Or correct my typos:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has always been thus, my son. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the question?

Red really is the best color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was just on another forum where a guy asked about shooting Uberti SAA clones with modern smokeless powder. I guess he thought they were Black Powder “only” guns. People proceeded to tell him about other guns and how he should get rid of it and get a gun with a transfer bar and blah, blah, blah...

 

Annoys the hell out of me...

 

I have been on gun forums for well over 20 years and this kind of thing has been going on since before I started, I am sure.  It’s not just gun forums either. I have seen it on others.

 

When a person asks about something why do some people think they need to interject with their opinion regarding something the original poster didn’t even ask about?

 

I guess you could call this a pet peeve of mine...

 

 

 

 

 

Take care of your pet peeves.  At my stage of life they are about the only affordable hobby I left.

 

And I agree with your letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Mary Ann!

I agree! 

 

9 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Take care of your pet peeves.  At my stage of life they are about the only affordable hobby I left.

 

And I agree with your letter.

 

What letter? I had a letter of the law once but it got stolen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh c'mon now GINGER was the HOT one!!:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come no one ever picks Mrs. Howell? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Thurston picked her, otherwise she would still be Miss Wentworth, not Mrs. Howell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pet peeves are overstated Pat, Check out a pet Rottwieler:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Pat, I believe it's because they want to find a way to inject their opinion into a conversation, even if it isn't relevant to the topic. 

 

BTW - My Pfaff will run circles around your Bernina.  :P

But TRUE AMERICANS will only use Singers.

 

 

And

 

 

I like green and Rugers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Noz said:

But TRUE AMERICANS will only use Singers.

And

I like green and Rugers.

Ahem! Watch your mouth there Noz. I have a

Image result for pfaff tipmatic 1047

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, my Singer's older than my oldest kid and it still runs good. Won't do black powder though... :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

After reviewing my tax returns, I realized I am supporting my family and at least THREE OTHER FAMILIES .I wonder If I will ever meet them? :o :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Noz said:

But TRUE AMERICANS will only use Singers.

 

 

And

 

 

I like green and Rugers.

 

I have two Singers that are older than me.  Those are the only Singers I will use. 

 

BTW - Purple and S&W all the way!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a thread here a day or two ago that fits right in - about S&W's goofy locking safety system. The OP's question was, " Have any of you here actually had a problem with the safety lock failing, causing the gun to become inoperable?" The answers were almost entirely some variation of, "Mine works fine" or "I've put 50,000 zillion rounds through mine with no problems", and so on. One answer out of twelve replies directly addressed the original question. (ME :D)

 

Which reminds me... I need to go back and edit my reply to reflect the other S&W's I have with the lock that have always worked just fine. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I don't know nothing about any safety bar system, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn at one time. What was the original question?  

Ginger or Mary Ann?...or was it Rugers or something else?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

After reviewing my tax returns, I realized I am supporting my family and at least THREE OTHER FAMILIES .I wonder If I will ever meet them? :o :( 

If you are supporting three other families then you had better claim them as deductions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ginger or Mary Ann?...or was it Rugers or something else?...

Now, I remember; SINGER SEWING MACHINES.   Holland & Holland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glocks are model pistols.

 

cheap plastic imitations of the real thing......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was just on another forum where a guy asked about shooting Uberti SAA clones with modern smokeless powder. I guess he thought they were Black Powder “only” guns. People proceeded to tell him about other guns and how he should get rid of it and get a gun with a transfer bar and blah, blah, blah...

 

Annoys the hell out of me...

 

Single most common thread I see on gun forums... someone is trying to decide between, say, an HK VP9 or a Walther PPQ and asks others which one they'd choose. The advice he's given is to get a Glock. Funny, but I wasn't aware Glock made VP9s or PPQs? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

Single most common thread I see on gun forums... someone is trying to decide between, say, an HK VP9 or a Walther PPQ and asks others which one they'd choose. The advice he's given is to get a Glock. Funny, but I wasn't aware Glock made VP9s or PPQs? :rolleyes:

Yep! Drives me nuts. And I love Glocks.

 

One that really gets me is someone will ask about a 9mm (insert striker fired brand / model here). In short order someone will say “get a 1911” and that will be quickly followed with “get a 1911 in .45”.

 

It’s not just 1911 guys that do this. Fans of particular brands or models do it all the time. Heck, I am probably guilty of it but I try hard not to be “that guy”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little secret:

 

One of the reasons I made my Henry vs Marlin thread here in the Saloon was I really didn’t want to hear the crap that I hear on the wire whenever anyone posts about Henry’s or new Marlins.

Some folks do mean well when they try and steer you but some folks are just manipulators and bullies.

 

Pards in here are the best...except for that guy over there...he’s almost the best. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:00 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was just on another forum where a guy asked about shooting Uberti SAA clones with modern smokeless powder. I guess he thought they were Black Powder “only” guns. People proceeded to tell him about other guns and how he should get rid of it and get a gun with a transfer bar and blah, blah, blah...

 

Annoys the hell out of me...

 

I have been on gun forums for well over 20 years and this kind of thing has been going on since before I started, I am sure.  It’s not just gun forums either. I have seen it on others.

 

When a person asks about something why do some people think they need to interject with their opinion regarding something the original poster didn’t even ask about?

 

I guess you could call this a pet peeve of mine...

 

 

 

 

 

Very annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.