SASS Wire Forum

Anyone ever carry like this?

Alpo

Strong-side, with the toe of the holster in your hip pocket.

That's how the cop in the murder mystery I'm reading is wearing his. And when I saw that description, I remembered seeing that style of carry in many cop books of the fifties and sixties.

Just wondering if anyone had ever done it. I have also seen, both in books and TV, people wearing a sheath knife with it in their back pocket. I did that for many years. Never done a gun that way though.

I tried that when I got my CCW in OR (CHL there). It seemed okay until I got in my truck. I got poked with my hammer and the barrel jammed into my thigh all in one move. Only time I did that move. 

Back in the day some defectives carried their 5" revolver that way. Others like me carried the snubby's and they would not go far enough to get into the pocket.

All the time. I carry something as small as a Shield .45, or as large as an M&P .45 full size. Additionally, I have carried my Kimber Pro Elite and my S&W Mod 13-3” in this position.

It is comfortable and concealable with the right holster and a good heavy duty 1-1/2” gunbelt. It also places the weapon in a position where you can access it with either hand. I’ve been carrying in this position almost exclusively for the last 25 years or so.

Archived