SASS Wire Forum

Practiscore Help Needed

Duncan Disorderly

We've been using ACES for a couple of years, but they no longer exist (at least for amazon fire tablets). Since my iPad died and I went to a Fire I need new software for scoring.

PractiScore is what I was told eveyrone is using now.

OK, so I got that...and for IPSC or IDPA I see it's good to go...for SASS???

I need help with setting it up - categories for registration and stages - timing, targets, etc.

I can possibly muddle thru something but am guessing it's been figured out already, so why re-invent the wheel?

I'd prefer a chat on the phone to other alternatives as that is likely to be a 10 minute and it's done deal rather than 1100 posts. If there is a video out there that's great too - searching I've turned up nothing that is any help.

Thanks
Chris, Duncan Disorderly 724-234-2893 - if you don't get me leave a message and I'll call you back.

What device are you installing it on.  There are slight variations in how the menus look between devices.  I can help if you are putting it on Android or and Iphone this afternoon

i found there are 'subtypes' to matches..that has helped alot.

Playing around...how do you get "clean" shooter list?  We give (and all clubs here do) a ribbon/award to clean shooters.
And it looks like if I put in every shooter's email it will email them results individually after a match??? I like that if it's true.

got 90-95% of it figured out...can't find a clean match report, and when I email results (to myself) as a test of a match I get nothing...

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, Duncan Disorderly said:

If they're supposed to be links..they're not.

They are the menu tree you follow to get to the report.

From the top menu select < View Results >  new screen will appear

Select  < Match Scores > new screen will appear

You have 4 possible viewing optios from this screen.

Combined shows all shooters in total time order

By Division shows shooters broken down by category

Posse report  shows shooters by posse

Clean Report lists all clean shooters

Clean Report - doesn't show up even when I KNOW i have clean shooters - no miss, no penalty.

I'll triple check it, but I did TWO matches with 3 stages and 3 shooters each to make sure I"m trying all the parameters (does it remember shooters, categories, etc - yes, does it order the categories with multiple shooters, yes)

I have the latest version on fire tablet. Perhaps there is a difference or a glitch?

14 minutes ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

Clean Report - doesn't show up even when I KNOW i have clean shooters - no miss, no penalty.

I'll triple check it, but I did TWO matches with 3 stages and 3 shooters each to make sure I"m trying all the parameters (does it remember shooters, categories, etc - yes, does it order the categories with multiple shooters, yes)

I have the latest version on fire tablet. Perhaps there is a difference or a glitch?

I'll be installing on a Fire 7 later this week. I'll let you know what I find.

In the meantime do you have all the latest updates installed? I believe one came out last week. My iphone version is 1.716 (7)

5 minutes ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

I think our USPSA match director has tried to set it up for the cowboy club, and it's not quite compatible for a SASS match.

Some of the names are different ( Division / Caregory  and Squad / Posse ) but so far I have had no issues using it for SASS.  Clean match report on Android is the only bug I have found so far.

15 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I checked my Chrome Book (android) and the Clean Match report is not available.  I submitted a bug report to the support team. Would you submit one as well?

Sure..where and how do I do that?

Dave - submitted a ticket.

I'll see if I can get that out of ACES...bad home button on the ipad makes it real difficult to do anything.

next is to figure out why no attachments are coming thru from the mail app on the fire tablet... if it's not one thing it's another!

thanks for you help

We are using Practiscore now instead of ACES on Android because of the stability issues and printing issues of the abandoned ACES.

It ALMOST works excellently.  But you guys have nailed the main issues:

Need clean match list on Android.

Need the penalties and whatnot displayed broken out in a more "normal" SASS format for viewing and printing.

Would love to have the top 5 shooters for each stage.

Eventually need the menus to be more SASS centric when in sass mode.  For example:

If you don't have or don't want to deal with tracking everyone's real name in the device, just aliases... As it is now to facilitate entry of shooters by alias only we enter complete cowboy alias on the first line (alias), complete cowboy alias AGAIN on the second line (last name), and a period as a placeholder on the 3rd line (first name).  We do it that way because it REQUIRES a last name and first name.  Just putting in an alias isn't enough.  Splitting up a cowboy name between a first and last name doesn't work, so doing it this way makes everything work correctly.

UPDATE - sent my list of issues in order of importance to the link provided for support.  also added the issue we are having with printing directly in landscape mode for readability.

1 hour ago, Riverboat Red, SASS #71733 said:

Do any of you know if, on the results page, the penalties can be broken out? I get the combined time of misses and Ps, etc. 

Currently they cannot.  Use the link above and put in a request for this feature.

why not put in the real names and emails? Our parent club requires a sign in, which this will likely be acceptable, but they need real names, not alias'. And I want the contact info for marketing purposes (our newsletter).

We've never printed scores - PDF emailed to our web admin.
Have to play a bit as I can't get that emailed off my tablet quite yet..no attachments go. If I have to put it into practiscore's website I can do that.

Our IDPA is considering moving to practiscore..Issue is we don't run 'squads' as some other IDPA do, so we'd need a lot of synching and a tablet per stage (unless we change). For cowboy we've always had a tablet per posse.  BUT we all start at 10 am...IDPA you can show up anytime and shoot stages in any order, alone or with a group..hence the need for synching , adding shooters, during a match.

The range uses physical sign in sheets (their own) for people's real names so we can't use the tablets for that.  Our email list and shooter info is maintained on Gmail.  The database on the scoring device doesn't help us with contacting shooters, checking them into the host range or taking money.  All we need it to do is have aliases and score the match.

The physical printout is so we can read the match finals easier (the old eyes in the club have a hard time reading from the smaller tablet screens.)  And so we can put a hard copy away in the club files and for the range.  Also lets us hand a few out for the people who just can't wait to see a copy after the match.

1 hour ago, Fast Enuff said:

The range uses physical sign in sheets (their own) for people's real names so we can't use the tablets for that.  Our email list and shooter info is maintained on Gmail.  The database on the scoring device doesn't help us with contacting shooters, checking them into the host range or taking money.  All we need it to do is have aliases and score the match.

The physical printout is so we can read the match finals easier (the old eyes in the club have a hard time reading from the smaller tablet screens.)  And so we can put a hard copy away in the club files and for the range.  Also lets us hand a few out for the people who just can't wait to see a copy after the match.

Export your Gmail Address book to a .csv file. Change the column headers to comply with my previous post about importing data and then you will be good to go.

If you have a printer on wifi you should be able to print directly to it. Personally I like to print to a PDF and then print the PDF. That way is if the paper size is off adobe will automatically adjust it to fit.

23 hours ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

and winning a state title is on mine...may be a few years yet, or longer..hope they are faster!

Well the same people that wrote ACES now work for Practiscore.

And until we (cowboys) start contributing to them with cash, we won't be high up on the to do list.

On March 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

BTW if you can exort your shooters list from A.C.E.S. to an CSV file you can import it into PractiScore.

Importing data into PractiScore registrations online

How does one export that shooters list from A.C.E.S.? I tried finding a way but came up empty.

hOOt

On 3/29/2019 at 7:11 AM, Hoot Hamilton said:

How does one export that shooters list from A.C.E.S.? I tried finding a way but came up empty.

hOOt

Maybe someone else can answer this. I don't have anything old enough to install ACES on.

2 hours ago, Riverboat Red, SASS #71733 said:

Sorry if this is off topic but what tablets are folks using? Our old iPads (we used with Aces) are starting to die and I’d like to look into something to replace them. We’d need a minimum of 12 so cost is a factor. 

Any android based tablet will work. I just bought these to learn how to setup PractiScore on.

Kindle Fire 7 tablets for $34.99.

Add this protective case with handle for $13.99 The cases come in 8 different colors so you can easily tell the units apart and the handles make them easy to carry.

Archived