SASS Wire Forum

UPDATE: SASS Ruger Vaquero Initial Disappointment

Marshal El Malo

4 hours ago, Marshal El Malo said:

Yeah it’s worrisome. But they are handling it. 

Well, I hope they exceed your expectations once you get them back. :rolleyes:

Howdy Folks

I will tell that I have a Ruger fan since the Mid fifties I bought a Ruger flattop ,since then I have bought many an still have 6 three screw guns ,3-77's 22,223 ,7mm, Number 1 in 3006 ,22-45 target,

What I want to tell you about is the 4 that I bought in the last five years All stainless, 1911 , NMV Cons. Numbers, GP100 44 Spl.

I have never had one that wanted to send back.

Dusty Ed

40 minutes ago, Dusty Ed SASS #30639 said:

Howdy Folks

I will tell that I have a Ruger fan since the Mid fifties I bought a Ruger flattop ,since then I have bought many an still have 6 three screw guns ,3-77's 22,223 ,7mm, Number 1 in 3006 ,22-45 target,

What I want to tell you about is the 4 that I bought in the last five years All stainless, 1911 , NMV Cons. Numbers, GP100 44 Spl.

I have never had one that wanted to send back.

Dusty Ed

I am with you. I have been buying guns for 15 years. Dozens of Rugers in my collection. Only one before this with an issue was a release day Ruger SR9 that had to have a safety recall. They through in extra mags for my trouble. 

I bought a pair of SASS Vaqueros in .357 about 7 years ago that were "lightly" used. The reason they were lightly used was the fact that one of them kept rotating past live rounds in the cylinder. Got it repaired by a gunsmith and once they were working flawlessly, my wife claimed them. I'm still using my "Original" Vaqueros in .44 Mag that I started with in 1997.

2 hours ago, Dapper Dynamite Dick said:

I bought a pair of SASS Vaqueros in .357 about 7 years ago that were "lightly" used. The reason they were lightly used was the fact that one of them kept rotating past live rounds in the cylinder. Got it repaired by a gunsmith and once they were working flawlessly, my wife claimed them. I'm still using my "Original" Vaqueros in .44 Mag that I started with in 1997.

You could have sent them back to Ruger and they would have fixed them for free... Even though you bought used.

24 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You could have sent them back to Ruger and they would have fixed them for free... Even though you bought used.

The problem is that I am in Canada and it was hard enough to get south of the border to shoot with you at Hell on Wheels last year. Cheaper to get the job done in Canada too.

I must say I bought a pair of sass rugers a couple of years ago..and the first time I shot them the first sight flew off so i send them back .. so when i got them back which was a couple of weeks later i sent them to Jimmy Spurs for action/ half cocks when I got them back o took them and shot them at winter range and my friends were telling g me I was hitting the wrong target so I went to the practice stage and shoot each one and the one I sent back was shooting 11" to the right and 7" low..so I took then to a gunsmith and he told me the barrel was installed wrong .he tried to fix them but when I shoot them the barrel loosen up...needles to say I dont know what to do with them I have alot of money wrapped up in them but I cant sent them back cause of the action job ... can anyone give me some ideas what I can do???thanks

I must be living the charmed life when it comes to Rugers. Starting with a used 4 digit MKI as a youngster, until this year I count up approximately 16+ handguns and 8+ long guns from Ruger without ever having one fail, unless you want to count the 3rd refinished on my trusty MKI :lol:.

I do wish they currently made a SxS shotgun:wub:

I was working with Ruger to do this without sending the guns in and do a grip frame swap instead.  In the process, I tried loading some rounds into them.  Gun #1 there are no issues.  Gun #2, rounds will load into the cylinder when it is out of the frame, but will not while it is in the frame.  It appears something is off.  Super disappointed in these guns.  I have two Smoke Wagons on order right now while I work through these issues.

I tried my reloads and hornady factory rounds.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed.jpg

I guess I was lucky with my SASS Rugers.

I bought them slightly use and other than lowering the front sight on one, I've had no problems.

It is disappointing, however, that something licensed with the SASS logo, is showing these kinds of problems.

16 hours ago, Red Johnson said:

I must say I bought a pair of sass rugers a couple of years ago..and the first time I shot them the first sight flew off so i send them back .. so when i got them back which was a couple of weeks later i sent them to Jimmy Spurs for action/ half cocks when I got them back o took them and shot them at winter range and my friends were telling g me I was hitting the wrong target so I went to the practice stage and shoot each one and the one I sent back was shooting 11" to the right and 7" low..so I took then to a gunsmith and he told me the barrel was installed wrong .he tried to fix them but when I shoot them the barrel loosen up...needles to say I dont know what to do with them I have alot of money wrapped up in them but I cant sent them back cause of the action job ... can anyone give me some ideas what I can do???thanks

Who said you couldn't send'em back? :huh:

Did you not get the OEM Ruger parts back?

Have you called Ruger about this issue?

Ruger will put OEM parts in them, and return your 'race-gun' parts in a plastic bag.

OLG

Thanks OLG...I had an experience with Springfield where they keeper my after market parts .. so I'm under the impression ruger would do the same .. and I have a lot of money in those part ... I did think about just taking the parts out and just send the gun back... what would you do???

3 minutes ago, Red Johnson said:

Thanks OLG...I had an experience with Springfield where they keeper my after market parts .. so I'm under the impression ruger would do the same .. and I have a lot of money in those part ... I did think about just taking the parts out and just send the gun back... what would you do???

Buy law-That is called embezzlement(theft of property, entrusted to their care).

Just call Ruger and ask them what's the best course of action............

Keep us posted.

OLG

My dealer responded to me this morning and is going to take these back and work it out with Ruger for me.  I have a pair of Smoke Wagons on the way, and with this refund will be looking at the Evil Roys really hard.

Archived