SASS Wire Forum

Looking for some powder

Snake-eye, SASS#45097

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd try. I used Solo 1000 for all my pistols and rifle reloading until I ran out last year. Looking to see if someone knows of a stash of it somewhere. Seems it hasn't been imported for a while, at least two years. 

It has been inconsistent in pressure since manufacturing moved to Spain from Scotland about 3 or more years ago.  The story is Accurate won't import powder lots that don't meet their pressure specs so that old loading data for it will continue to be safe.  Some may come in at sporadic intervals in the future, but it's probably time to give up on it.  If some does come back in, you can still pick it up then.

I'd suggest you look for another powder that is available and reliably produced.  For a fast pistol powder, Clays, Red Dot, Red , 700-X, WST, Bullseye, TiteGroup, American Select all would be possible replacements for you.

Good luck, GJ

I still have a pound or so left from the last 8# jug in town, bought in about 8/2012.  I am now experimenting with 700X and Cleanshot. Both meter well and give consistent results in a comparatively light cowboy load,  2.7 gr behind a 125rnfp. I wish they still made it here, I dont want to fool with the inconsistency reported from the new stuff, when available. Sorry, it aint for sale.

Imis 

Archived