SASS Wire Forum

EAA Weihrauch Bounty Hunters

Col Del Rio

Greetings,

What is the Conventional Wisdom on EAA Weihrauch Bounty Hunters.  I want to get an extra set of revolvers for loaners/back-ups.

Thoughts?

Col. Del Rio

I can only speak to the ones I have handled. They seem very robust and a hybrid between a Colt and Ruger. The mainsprings are flat Colt style and will take aftermarket Colt mainsprings. They have Colt style half cock with a transfer bar which some people report as being a little fragile. Boomstick Jay I think has welded up several and removed the t bars. They are attractive from a price standpoint especially with Ruger prices increasing as well as the Italian guns. What I like about them is they are different. I might get a pair to play with and review sometime. 

We don’t see them used very often.  One new shooter bought one as his first SA revolver before he came to his first match, and he ended up leaving it at home and replacing it with a different brand revolver.

One nit-pick is that the bead on the rear of the cylinder makes it difficult to confirm at the loading table that the hammer is on an empty chamber.  There are work arounds for that issue.

Archived