SASS Wire Forum

Aguila mini shotshells

Not that hard to duplicate, and they cost a whole lot less than $19.99 per box of 20. Mine are just a tad longer, but that's an easy fix. :)

Factory Aguila's on the right. You can cram 9 of these into the Mossberg Shockwave, plus one in the barrel. :lol:

Ya gotta buy a little $12 plastic spacer to clip into the action, or they just fall out the bottom when ya pull the slide back. ;)

100_2502.JPG

You can stuff a lot of those into a Mossberg 835 with the extended magazine!

The Aguila factory loads are 5/8 oz of #7 1/2 shot and they're claiming 1175 fps. Mine are very slightly longer, and I was able to get 7/8 oz in, but haven't chrono'd them.

Where did you get your data?

I presume powder, nitro card, felt wad, shot, over shot card, roll crimp.

Or maybe no wad. Just shot over nitro card.

But type/charge of powder. Where'd you find it?

There is some very limited information on YouTube and elsewhere on how to load these things, and they use the same powders as a normal 2 1/2" or 2 3/4" shell. Some utilize a conventional plastic wad with the compression section cut out, using only the gas seal and shot cup, and some use a fiber wad with no shot cup. What I settled on is not specifically published anywhere, so I consider it "experimental", and I'm not going to disclose it here. Suffice it to say it is at the extreme low end of any published 2 3/4" load I could find. ;)

Powder, fiber wad, shot, overshot card, roll crimp.

Archived