SASS Wire Forum

Am I the only one?

Boomstick Bruce

I shoot two-handed (so far) holding the revolvers in my right hand supported by my left. My three Ubertis model Cattleman aren't consecutive nor "matched" in another way. Therefore, their trigger pull weight is slightly different, but I can use them in every combination . I just consider to carry the one with the lighter trigger in my left holster which I draw first. Otherwise shots tend to break a bit too early on the second revolver (I have to mention that a lot of our stages are what you might call "old school" with quite challenging targets regarding size).

It's easy for me to tell my revolvers appart by their appearance; two of them are aged by Uberti, called "antique finish".

Cheers!

Equanimous

As an TO I see people have issues with their guns and many times I ask them if it's the same gun....and many reply I don't know. I put xxxxxx43 in the right and xxxxx44 for two reasons. 1) if I notice the first or second gun is having issues it helps for troubleshooting. 2) they are blues guns and the blue wears off differently depending on which holster they are in. 

I've been shooting the same pair of Jimmy Spurs Rugers since 2008 when I switched to 38's. Heck if I didn't put them in the same holster there wouldn't be ANY blue left on em'...…..lol

I guess I could be the first to have Ruger's in white steel. 

And all this time I thought that I was all alone and crazy! I shoot matched Ruger BHs SS and the left one has a small scratch on the grip frame...that one goes in the left side crossdraw. No good reason, guess I am as weird as the rest of you !

Yep that means I'm also  in the weird posse ..even number always goes in the xdraw...& iffin' they was both even then the lower  number takes precident.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:49 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yes, it is weird...don't let the fact that others do it convince you otherwise.

Phantom

PS: For those that are looking for some odd and nefarious motive behind my post, there isn't any...humor is like an opinion.

Comedians are a dime a dozen..... 'Good'  Cowboy shooters are fewer.

Stick with Cowboy shooting...... :lol: 

..........Widder (thinking I'll stick with CAS also)  

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Comedians are a dime a dozen..... 'Good'  Cowboy shooters are fewer.

Stick with Cowboy shooting...... :lol: 

..........Widder (thinking I'll stick with CAS also)  

Well, how big a boy are ya

5.5" EMF goes in the right hand holster and the 4.75" Cimarron goes in the left holster. No particular rhyme or reason to it, just feels right! Once I eventually get a Schofield that'll go in the left holster and the Cimarron will go in the right. 

15 hours ago, flightlessgreeb said:

5.5" EMF goes in the right hand holster and the 4.75" Cimarron goes in the left holster. No particular rhyme or reason to it, just feels right! Once I eventually get a Schofield that'll go in the left holster and the Cimarron will go in the right. 

When I shoot my Uberti Schofield, it always goes in my right holster.  Even though the gun looks perfectly symmetrical, it just feels wrong in my left hand for some unknown and bizarre reason.

I have so much running through my pea brain when I walk up to the stage I don't want to think when that buzzer goes off  "did I  remembered to put the pistols in the right holsters"?  One less thing to think about!  SCJ

When I ran 7 1/2" and 5 1/2" Remingtons, the 7 1/2 always went in the crossdraw (easier in and out of the holster) but now that I run a matched pair of 4 5/8" Vaqueros, I'm not particular which is where. I got them as close to the same as I could.

Archived