SASS Wire Forum

Pennsylvania State Championship match

Black Hills Barb

Please come join El Posse Grande for a fun weekend of shooting and socializing in the beautiful mountains of Lycoming/Sullivan County, PA.

Registrations have been arriving at a good pace.  We still have lots of room left though.  The early registration discount of $15.00 applies to entries postmarked by 3/31.  Match date is May 24-26.

For more info you can visit our website www.elpossegrande.com, our Facebook page El Posse Grande, or simply contact me.  We'd sure love to have you join us.

1 hour ago, Black Hills Barb said:

Please come join El Posse Grande for a fun weekend of shooting and socializing in the beautiful mountains of Lycoming/Sullivan County, PA.

Registrations have been arriving at a good pace.  We still have lots of room left though.  The early registration discount of $15.00 applies to entries postmarked by 3/31.  Match date is May 24-26.

For more info you can visit our website www.elpossegrande.com, our Facebook page El Posse Grande, or simply contact me.  We'd sure love to have you join us.

Hey Outlaws

I went to this match last year and I liked it so much I am going again this year.

There's a whole gang of Eastern Outlaws I never shot with before.

These guys welcomed me like I was part of the family. The part you actually WANT to be with.:lol:

Camping (dry) is plentiful (almost unlimited) and they are only asking for a donation of $10 for the whole weekend.

Last year they had a portable shower which was fun. Not kidding, FUN!

It was on a trailer and if you wanted to you could probably get some practice skiing. Even if you didn't want to.:lol:

Pot luck dinner on Friday. What awesome food. Special thanks to whoever made BUCKEYES. I still have dreams about them.

The range is in the trees and is mostly covered from the sun.

I encourage anybody thinking about it to take the leap. It's a GREAT match.

Waimea

On 3/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, Double Tap Taylor said:

Great shoot, I'll be there 

Gonna load up any 'magic'? 

On 3/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, Waimea said:

Pot luck dinner on Friday. What awesome food. Special thanks to whoever made BUCKEYES. I still have dreams about them.

Waimea

Newly added to the Friday potluck dinner .....  The Outlaw Ice Cream Social!  There's a rumor that someone likes ice cream.  Still gotta find out who made the buckeyes.

Following the dinner you can take your ice cream sundae and take a short walk around the clubhouse to the Olympic bunker trap and see a demo.  This bunker trap is where Josh Richmond and Morgan Craft (2016 Olympic Team USA) trained and our upcoming Olympian, Mick Wertz, is currently training there.

2 hours ago, Wyatt Hurts SASS#72737 said:

Well I just need to check and see if you all are still bling friendly :D

Wyatt Hurts

I enjoy being blinded by your bling!

2 hours ago, M.T Chambers, SASS#76185 said:

I reminded my compadre of a MDS campfire conversation, so we may get our apps in the mail before the weekend Ms. Barb

MTC

It will be great to see you!  Bring a few more compadres with you.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:36 PM, Black Hills Barb said:

Newly added to the Friday potluck dinner .....  The Outlaw Ice Cream Social!  There's a rumor that someone likes ice cream.  Still gotta find out who made the buckeyes.

Following the dinner you can take your ice cream sundae and take a short walk around the clubhouse ...

HOLY COW!

Who could ask for more?

I'm seeing Gentlemen dressed up in bowler hats and Ladies with bustles and parasols.

IN MY MIND! 

No costume necessary at an Outlaw Ice Cream Social.

My quandary is how I will eat ice cream with a handkerchief over my face.:lol:

Guess I can figure it out later.

Waimea

8 hours ago, Waimea said:

My quandary is how I will eat ice cream with a handkerchief over my face.:lol:

Guess I can figure it out later.

Waimea

Waimea, my good pard,

Figuring I would try to help you out, I did a quick search on the internet for outlaw masks with a mouth hole.

Boy Was That A Mistake!   Shocked.jpg.126cf6a8e1971aec3d51c8ec2d25bd9e.jpg

There may not be enough eye bleach in the known universe to wash some of those residual images away!

But, I was able to find you a historically correct mask that just might do the trick.  Meet Outlaw William "Brazen Bill" Brazelton Wearing A Mask, circa 1878.  He's dead now, so I doubt he will mind if you copy his costume!  :P

687333bfb3dd0ed5da3f2fba6e86abff.jpg

Enjoy the match.  I hear it's a good one, but I have been unable to attend as it is the same weekend as my home club's monthly match, and I'm supposed to be running them!

Safe Travels my friend,

Dogmeat Dad

2 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Enjoy the match.  I hear it's a good one, but I have been unable to attend as it is the same weekend as my home club's monthly match, and I'm supposed to be running them!

Safe Travels my friend,

Dogmeat Dad

Two years ago we left the EPG match in capable hands and enjoyed the MD State match......just sayin'......  

DMD, My Funny Pard,

The Internet is full of rabbit holes and landmines.

I think you found a rabbit hole with a landmine at the bottom.:P

Brazen Bill is just a little TOO covered for my taste. Mummy Bill is more like it.:lol:

Sure would love to have you and Lil Feathers join us. No pressure. But to repeat, there is ICE CREAM!

Maybe we would actually get to shoot together.

Waimea

Campers may arrive as early as Wednesday.  There is very limited space if you arrive prior to that due to trap shooting....but it can be arranged if you contact me.

I got nearly 50 registrations in 2 days but we still have room for more shooters and registration doesn't close for a few more weeks.  

• 2 weeks later...

Our registration period will be over the end of the month.  That leaves only 14 more days and we still have openings.  I have a number in my head that I would really like to reach and we're not quite there yet.  We do have quite a few folks that are first timers to our match. while other folks had to give it a pass this year - some for health reasons, others for graduations, family events, or weddings.  We have shooters from the age of 9-90 registered.  NINETY!  How many of us hope we can still have this kind of fun at 90!

Please check out our website HERE.  All the forms, the schedule of events, and more can be found there.  But I hope you can be found on the mountain in May! 

Thank you in advance for checking us out!

It's a great Match!

In one way I hope you get all the shooters you want but in another way I am thinking less shooters means 

MORE OUTLAW ICE CREAM FOR ME!!!

C'mon guys sign up for this match.

I don't want to go home a diabetic!

:lol:

Waimea

Not one shooter from the people’s republic of Massachusetts on the “who’s coming” list........ guess I’m going to have to talk to Reno Browne and take care of this !

we attended two years ago and loved it. Great match!

28 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

Not one shooter from the people’s republic of Massachusetts on the “who’s coming” list........ guess I’m going to have to talk to Reno Browne and take care of this !

we attended two years ago and loved it. Great match!

We'd love to have you back.  Hope you can make it.  Massachusetts would be well represented.

Pennsylvania State Championship match is a great match to attend .  The pot luck dinner is always good, who knows maybe Nawlins 's jambalaya might another appearance.Hey Waimea  as you know I will have something special waiting for you.

39 minutes ago, Nawlins Kid said:

Pennsylvania State Championship match is a great match to attend .  The pot luck dinner is always good, who knows maybe Nawlins 's jambalaya might another appearance.Hey Waimea  as you know I will have something special waiting for you.

Oh, I know.

Gonna be worth the trip just for something special.

Getting all excited about the shoot and seeing folks I haven't seen since last year. Yeeeehaaaa!

Waimea

Archived