SASS Wire Forum

Another Costner movie

They are looking for extras to play in a movie called "Let him go" starring Costner and Diane Lane to be filmed in southern Alberta.  It is about a retired Montana Sheriff and his wife (Lane) grieving over the loss of their son and are trying to find their grandson during the 1950's.  Interested persons are to report to the Fort MacLeod community Hall March 24, 2019  Accepting people from ages 5 to 80, with no visible tattoos, no body piercing, fake nails, facial hair or colored hair, Must look like you live in the 1950's.  Hey, I meet the criteria. :) Filming will take place during April 5 to May 17, 2019.

Just a trivia FYI.

Fort MacLeod (built1874) was the 1st operational Fort for the newly formed North West Mounted Police.  Their mission was to get rid of the American whiskey traders that were coming up from what is now Montana and trading whiskey for furs with the Canadian Blackfoot Indians, causing all sorts of problems.  They cleaned them out in a hurry. During that period, the newspaper in Fort Benton, MT once printed, "The Mounted Police don't scare worth a damn."

Can a US citizen stay in Canada that long without a passport? Obvious ignorance from one who doesn’t travel being displayed here...

6 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Can a US citizen stay in Canada that long without a passport? Obvious ignorance from one who doesn’t travel being displayed here...

Not without a Canadian temporary work permit.........

OLG

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

They didn't have facial hair in the 50s?

Look at photos or even watch old film footage. Facial hair would not be the norm in the 1950’s. Beatnicks and academics maybe, but not the norm for mainstream.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

They didn't have facial hair in the 50s?

Nope. :P

C608D1DE-46A0-4562-8FAE-96F23D87F36F.jpeg

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I don't believe that you can enter Canada without a passport. Someone correct me if you can. We can't enter the U.S without a passport.  I remember before 911 entering the U.S. and the conservation went like this. 

U.S Customs - Citizens of what country?

Me - Canada

U.S Customs - where are you going?

Me - Great Falls

U.S Customs - business or pleasure?

Me - pleasure.

U.S Customs - for how long?

Me - 3 days.

U. S customs - have a good trip.

No paper work, no ID just word of mouth.

Now it's like crossing Checkpoint Charlie

I remember a crossing from Saskatchewan into Montana back in the early 60's where there was only a sign that said, All persons entering the U.S. must report to U.S. Customs at such and such address in Havre, MT.

My parents used to live in Detroit.  We could drive into Canada for shopping without a passport or any other paperwork.  Don’t know if it’s still that way though.

Interested persons are to report to the Fort MacLeod community Hall March 24, 2019  Acceptingpeople from ages 5 to 80, with no visible tattoos, no body piercing, fake nails, facial hair or colored hair, Must look like you live in the 1950's. 

They’d have a pretty shallow talent pool to draw from if they were making that movie down here.

Archived