SASS Wire Forum

Really Irked Momma Bear

Subdeacon Joe

I've seen a lot of things in the bush over the years, but I've never seen anything like that.

Thanks for posting it.

I just learned that my climbing abilities would not do me much good if I am ever chased by a bear...

I had no idea they could climb like that.

She pretty well peeled that tree.  I'd been told for years that a grizzly can't climb a tree.  Up at Yellowstone in 1962 I saw that theory torn apart.  Mamma slapped her cub and sent him up a pine, then she followed him up until the tree got so slim it wouldn't let her go any higher.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I just learned that my climbing abilities would not do me much good if I am ever chased by a bear...

I had no idea they could climb like that.

Or run that fast...Was told once they can do 35 miles an hour on level ground, downhill or uphill...Watching her run, tells me I might not even have time for my last words...Just bend over and                goodbye....

Texas Lizard

Holy crap! I'm totally impressed how fast they got up that skinny tree. I'm thinking the theory of climbing a tree if chased is pure BS! That was incredible. I'm food if I get chased:P. Thanks

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Holy crap! I'm totally impressed how fast they got up that skinny tree. I'm thinking the theory of climbing a tree if chased is pure BS! That was incredible. I'm food if I get chased:P. Thanks

Eyesa,

and that is exactly why you go into the woods with someone who is slower than you..... or carry atleast ONE round

to shot em in the leg..... :lol:

..........Widder

16 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Eyesa,

and that is exactly why you go into the woods with someone who is slower than you..... or carry atleast ONE round

..........Widder

+10 :lol:

Amazing! Thank you for the continuing education, Joe.

After caring for a mama cat and her kittens, I know that protective instinct is strong in critters. I have two 15 pound cats and mama weighed about 8 pounds.  When we let her and the kittens into the main part of the house the 15 pounders (one male and one female) would run for cover and mama would chase them.

I don't know if you can tell how small Mama was in this photo; but she was small and so were (are) her babies. Also, here is a photo of one of my 15 pounders with the two babies we got to keep.

Sorry, I just can't help showing kitty photos. :wub: 

07202018-17.JPG

December2018-07Kittens.JPG

14 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Amazing! Thank you for the continuing education, Joe.

After caring for a mama cat and her kittens, I know that protective instinct is strong in critters. I have two 15 pound cats and mama weighed about 8 pounds.  When we let her and the kittens into the main part of the house the 15 pounders (one male and one female) would run for cover and mama would chase them.

I don't know if you can tell how small Mama was in this photo; but she was small and so were (are) her babies. Also, here is a photo of one of my 15 pounders with the two babies we got to keep.

Sorry, I just can't help showing kitty photos. :wub: 

07202018-17.JPG

December2018-07Kittens.JPG

someone eats well.

5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Eyesa,

..........Widder

That's why I got invited to Canada! Huh. Thought it was my charming personality.

Archived