SASS Wire Forum

I decided

Utah Bob #35998

Going back and forth between the Springfield 911 9mm and the new Mossberg MC1SC. Told the lgs yesterday to get me the Springfield asap. That will take up the money I was saving for next month’s gu;show, but I haven’t found any good deals there in a long time.

1 minute ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Springfield is a known entity for handguns.  Mossberg is good for shotguns and rifles, but I wouldn't be the first kid on the block to try out a new gun.

I agree. 

The gun shows here have been a rip off for years. Booth cost are sky high and the participating LGS’s have to raise their prices. I found by talking to a few people the best deals are found by looking for the guys walking around with guns they are hoping to trade. You will get a deal and they will get more than the LGS’s will offer which you can’t blame them for since its their living. 

35 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Springfield is a known entity for handguns.  Mossberg is good for shotguns and rifles, but I wouldn't be the first kid on the block to try out a new gun.

That was one of the deciding factors.

11 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

The gun shows here have been a rip off for years. Booth cost are sky high and the participating LGS’s have to raise their prices. I found by talking to a few people the best deals are found by looking for the guys walking around with guns they are hoping to trade. You will get a deal and they will get more than the LGS’s will offer which you can’t blame them for since its their living. 

Not that many guys selling individual guns anymore at the shows. All sales have to go through an FFL. The Colorado legislature closed the Gunshow Loophole, even though they had no record of any crime ever being committed by a gun show-sold firearm. I feel so much safer now. :angry:

Actually the only real reason I go to the annual show is to man the VFW booth and sell raffle tickets. I take a break and walk the isles but never see anything.

Bob, I think you made the right choice even though I have no opinion or experience with either pistol. After my experience with the Remington R51 I would be quite hesitant to buy another first run handgun from a company that specializes in rifles and shotguns. 

I will I’ll say that the Remington RM380 I bought is a wonderful little pistols, but it’s a Rohrbaugh design.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not that many guys selling individual guns anymore at the shows. All sales have to go through an FFL. The Colorado legislature closed the Gunshow Loophole, even though they had no record of any crime ever being committed by a gun show-sold firearm. I feel so much safer now. :angry:

Probably won’t be much longer before the lefty’s get it changed in Kentucky . Only prohibition is knowingly selling to a convicted felon. 

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Been looking for a 9mm to carry for a long time and the Springfield 911 9mm was a strong contender, but then I ran across the Star BM's sold by Classical Arms and I could not pass up their price.  I finally picked up two.

I had a Star BKM years ago. Very nice pistol. Well made and reliable.

The only reason I go to gun shows, and not very much anymore, is for something to do when there's nothing to do!

4 minutes ago, Hoss Carpenter said:

The new Sig 365 is a hard pistol to beat for carry.   Hoss C.

Yeah. They had just sold their last one when I went in Tuesday. I’ll take a look when they get another. OMG ....what if I buy em both?? :blink: I haven’t bought a gun this year so..

My 4 carry guns are all very nice guns. Springfield EMP, Sig 938, Glock 19 Gen 3, and S&W mid 60 38 spl. The new Sig 365 interests me as well. 

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

First gun Mossberg made was the Brownie. A pistol.

Mossbergbrownie.jpg

Good choice. I did find a good buy at last years show. Bought a Smith M638 (NIB) for $400.00. Was a great buy. I usually look at reloading components at the show and pick up what I need if the price is right. Won't be at this years show as I will be shooting at the Double R Bar annual Crap Shoot in Lucerne Valley in California. meeting lots of friends that I shoot in Yuma with every year. lots of fun.

8 hours ago, Dustin Checotah said:

First gun Mossberg made was the Brownie. A pistol.

Mossbergbrownie.jpg

Yeah, and look how popular that thing was.  Maybe they worked and worked and worked to get a new pistol that's worth taking home.

I love Mossberg's pump guns...and it appears a lot of military and police groups do, too.  I had a Mossberg rifle, a .22, many years ago and still grieve over its loss, but I've seen and handled a peck of Brownies and none of them showed my much to admire.  

Now, Kodak, on the other hand, made a Brownie that was absolutely  wonderful for what it was designed to do.

18 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Unfortunately, that isn't much of a selling point.

Agreed.  That's why I used Al Bore's Internet to check other reviews.  My next pistol will be the Mossberg.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:47 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Did we have another Government shutdown and congress was the target?

Archived