SASS Wire Forum

Looking to move to AZ. THANKS FOR INFO

Rootin Tootin

My wife and I are looking at homes in Estrella, AZ.  Thinking about buying in the next 12 months.  Are there any  SASS clubs nearby...…  If so how far.  Thanks  RT

Howdy Rootin Tootin,

Lots of clubs to choose from in the valley. We are blessed in the Phoenix area and get to shoot all over.

My daughter lives in Goodyear, not far from you and shoots at various clubs as do I.

I think Cowtown is your closest, then ACSA at Ben Avery. Or go south over the mountains to Casa Grande.

My club is in Mesa at Rio Salado Sportsmans Club, probably an hour or more from Estrella.

Nothin' wrong with Estrella, but the "garden spot" in AZ is Prescott!  Mild 4 seasons and we're always glad to welcome SASS folks to town.  Got 2 clubs to shoot with, Whiskey Row Gunslingers (Prescott) and Arizona Yavapai Rangers (Verde Valley).  We also have the "World's Oldest Rodeo" (Prescott Frontier Days) and the Arizona Cowboy Poets Gathering.  All combined, about as much fun as any cowboy can handle!

Rootin Tootin :  Estrella very nice place there I bought property long ago and ended up selling same and to drive from there to Ben Avery ACSA and our other club Cowtown your probably looking at about 60 miles one way. Give or take a mile. I use to live in Buckeye which is about 50 miles one way.

Jackrabbit 

We are in gilbert, 56 miles to ben avery, 66 miles to cowtown, 50 miles to casa grande, and 25 or so to rio salado. Right in the middle.

Take a look at Saint George, Utah, a wonderful place to live along with a terrific club and a very nice range to shoot at.

Ned

Rootin Tootin: Checked couple things out. From Estrella you can go the 303 route to I-17 or Estrella to I-10 to I-17 up tp Ren Avery get ogff at Carefree  exit onto  Route 74 and its right there entrance to Ben Avery Range. If going to Cowtown  its 303 to Estrtella Pk Way  and just south of  HyWay 74 s cut off road near by for Cowtown.  The mileage either way is about the same 53-60 miles Estrella.

Hope this helps you. I live Sun City, Az.  Lived west side since 1962.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

No place better than Camp Verde in Arizona.

Snows once every other year and doesn't get the heat of Phoenix.

Johnny Meadows

And if you talk real nice I'll sell you my house

Yeh now there's a house for a cowboy & his lady. Simply fantastic. About two hours from Estrella.

Jackrabbit Joe

8 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

No place better than Camp Verde in Arizona.

Snows once every other year and doesn't get the heat of Phoenix.

Johnny Meadows

And if you talk real nice I'll sell you my house

Johnny has a really nice house!

Archived