SASS Wire Forum

all I got is... WOW!

Dutch Wheeler

I'm confused but I did not read the link. Did the shooter not put any powder in a bunch of reloads or what?

No, first round was a squib, but the shooter didn't stop pulling the trigger.  He squeezed it 34 more times!  It was a Hi-Point Firearms 9mm Carbine Semiautomatic Rifle, and the barrel did not blow up!

My brother-in-law taught his wife how to reload. She came down to see me one day to ask for my help. Did I know how to get a stuck bullet out of the barrel?

So I get me a steel M16 cleaning rod section and 14 oz ball peen hammer, and away we go to her house, where I first remove the cylinder, and then proceed to drive 6 stuck bullets out of the barrel of her 357 Blackhawk.

Some people.

53 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

No, first round was a squib, but the shooter didn't stop pulling the trigger.  He squeezed it 34 more times!  It was a Hi-Point Firearms 9mm Carbine Semiautomatic Rifle, and the barrel did not blow up!

Sounds like this shooter needs to find a new hobby. Anything but firearms.

I found an octagon .22 barrel up here in the hills near my house 'bout a dozen years ago, and toted it home to hang on the wall. While cleaning it up, I stuck a rod down the muzzle to shove the dirt out, but after several stabs at it, the rod would still only go maybe 3" down the barrel. I started digging it out from the other end with a piece of piano wire and after digging out a foot and a half of dirt, the wire stopped about a quarter inch shy of where the rod stopped from the muzzle end. I found a long steel rod that fit through the bore and tapped a bullet out. The barrel has no sights, and has monkey wrench scars near the breech end. It looks like a hundred years ago, someone got a bullet stuck and had no way to get it out, so they just replaced the barrel, swapped the sights over, and tossed the old one in a gully instead.

6 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

After round 2, just where did the shooter think the rounds were going?

LL

If you read the whole post from the link, the customer's original complaint was accuracy!  I guess he just didn't think they were hitting the target at all!

You can't fix stupid!

Saw a picture of a Colt Python they used a side grinder to expose 6 jacketed bullets stuck in the barrel.  Ouch     GW

13 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Hi Points are ugly as a mud fence, but they are tough 

I’m pretty sure they’re also guaranteed for life!

18 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’m pretty sure they’re also guaranteed for life!

One of my son's best friends has little money, but needs a gun for defense.  He got a Hi Point almost twenty years ago and shoots it almost every week end.  Loads it pretty hot and swears that, aside from two or three rounds of reloads that didn't go bang the gun has never failed to fire, is reasonably accurate, and weighs about as much as his Kenworth tractor.

His son got one almost identical to his and loves it.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:37 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

In this instance, I'm not certain that Hi-Point's action was in the best interests of the customer - or of anyone within 100' of the customer.

Unbelievable. 

After round 2, just where did the shooter think the rounds were going?

LL

It was a Hi point. He was used to not hitting anything.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You’d think the guy would’ve noticed more recoil from the blowback action. 

Generally, experienced shooters do not have HiPoints. So he was probably unaware.

Archived