SASS Wire Forum

Paradise Pass welcomes new shooters.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Paradise Pass will be launching a pretty cool program at their monthly match in April. It's going to be a category called Linerider. For $15 (plus the cost of a normal match fee) a person looking to try out CAS/SASS will be able to rent an entire rig which includes Revolvers/Rifle/Shotgun/Ammo/Holster rig and a cart. The revolvers and rifle will be in .22 and shotgun will be a SxS or 97' with Featherlite shotshells. Many of us have and are willing to loan gear to folks, but on many occasions I have seen people balk because they are not comfortable borrowing someone else's firearms. They will also be assigned a mentor for the day to help them. I think this is going to work well and it gives folks a better feeling of "ownership" of their day..

Paradise Pass is a privately owned range and also has a full service gun shop on sight and is very experienced in interacting with new shooters. Because of that we get 12-20 spectators who come and check it out. They also have a large social media following and we will be using that to launch the program and get people interested. 

I really enjoy talking with the spectators, letting them check out the guns. We try to get them right up close to see how it works and show them that not all of us shoot like Deuce! 

Facebook, website, YouTube still I think.

Kaya is normally very shy but she enjoys talking to the folks too when she can. 

Steve you are Ambassador for this sport .

Thank you for all you do to put Cowboy Action Shooting and Michigan at the top of the game .

Rooster 

Archived