SASS Wire Forum

and now, for the video

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

It was totally 100% my fault...   period!!

2 minutes ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Where was the Loading table officer!!!!!

I'm sure the hammer was down on the rifle.....and he meet requirement for revolver hammers down on empty chambers...…..next shooter:)

There might be easier ways to make a stage more challenging… ;)

Well done!  Sticking with it and reloading all your guns on the clock was truly the mark of a good solid competitor having a great time.  Well, maybe not in the moment but you can certainly look back on it now and smile.

8 minutes ago, WOODFOX , sass#34179 said:

You should get a Spirit Of The Game award for that one .

Woodfox :)

+100

How easy it would have been to just walk away?

That is a great example of mental conditioning.

Nice smooth shotgun run.:P

You and that rough lookin hombre by the pistol station are wearing matching shirts!!!

way to hang with it. I know guys who would be happy with a 96 second (and clean!) stage!!

2 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Are you 100 percent, bet a million dollars on that one....

I was the TO.  Hammer was down, just no bang when he cycled.  I was looking for rounds flying out, but there was nothing.  I was thinking, " Did he forget to load the rifle?" 

It was great to watch the smoothness in that he knew where the rounds were, pulled them out, loaded, shot, gathered the remaining rounds, moved, loaded the pistols and fired away.  I did check to see if the person taking the video was still running the camera, and she was.  The general comment in the background after the stage was " Talking instead of loading" with a lot of smiles and head nods.

It was a pleasure to shoot with him and I look forward to doing it again!

14 minutes ago, Null N. Void said:

I was the TO.  Hammer was down, just no bang when he cycled.  I was looking for rounds flying out, but there was nothing.  I was thinking, " Did he forget to load the rifle?" 

It was great to watch the smoothness in that he knew where the rounds were, pulled them out, loaded, shot, gathered the remaining rounds, moved, loaded the pistols and fired away.  I did check to see if the person taking the video was still running the camera, and she was.  The general comment in the background after the stage was " Talking instead of loading" with a lot of smiles and head nods.

It was a pleasure to shoot with him and I look forward to doing it again!

Your the one person I shouldn't bet with...LOL   But again the LTO  should have reminded him to load his guns, we all know we are experts in gun handling and safety, until we have one of those moments, that's why we always should have an LTO....

Well done under the circumstances, thanks for sharing.

Aw POOP!!  Facebook Imbeded.  I can't get it to play.

Still, way cool Culpepper!!  I won't admit having started a stage at the PA state match and suddenly discovering I failed to actually LOAD my Cap Guns.   Just Caps on empty chambers.  I did however, continue to bust all 10 Caps.  :D

9 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Where was the Loading table officer!!!!!

I have never seen a loading table officer at any shoot I’ve ever been to. And I shoot at five different clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

I have never seen a loading table officer at any shoot I’ve ever been to. And I shoot at five different clubs. 

I've shot all over the country and most clubs do have both LTO and UTO's....  Your clubs need to follow SASS rules...

26 minutes ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

I've shot all over the country and most clubs do have both LTO and UTO's....  Your clubs need to follow SASS rules...

Which rulebook would this be in that requires a loading table Officer?

Well, it happens. Went to a shoot on the weekend and one of the other shooters forgot to put ball in his crappies. So all you heard was the lube hitting the target

Now that's my speed right there lol .

6 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Seriously, are you a RO1????  RO1 Manual page 55....

That describes the duties of a LTO, IF  present; doesn't say anything about being a required position. There are a whole lot of clubs that don't use a LTO and there are a whole lot of shooters that feel they are totally unnecessary  to begin with. 

This last weekend we had short possies(11-12) and had neither LTO or ULTO.

15 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

That describes the duties of a LTO, IF  present; doesn't say anything about being a required position. There are a whole lot of clubs that don't use a LTO and there are a whole lot of shooters that feel they are totally unnecessary  to begin with. 

This last weekend we had short possies(11-12) and had neither LTO or ULTO.

If you wrote SASS HQ and applied for a State or Regional Match and said you weren't going to use the LTO/UTO , what do you think there answer would be....  I"ve been to a lot of matches where we had small posses, the person in front or behind you became the observer.... 

I had the pleasure of shooting with Cayenne Culpepper on this posse. A great shooter and fun to be with. Real class in taking full responsibility for his mistake. Even better he still placed second. 

Archived