SASS Wire Forum

Which would be more believable?

Alpo

You are talking to someone. They tell you that, "it would be so easy to" kill you right now, or steal all your money, or cheat on you with another guy. Something terrible like that.

And you respond, worried, "You wouldn't really do that, would you?"

They immediately say, "No, of course not", or they take a few seconds, before saying, "No, of course not".

1363152785_Wouldyou.jpg.77c706a8065a9038aa30069fb46d36c5.jpg

To me, answering immediately is not something to necessarily believe. It's like, you tell someone you love them and they immediately reply "I love you". They do this because it's been ingrained into them over the years that when someone says I love you you say it back. Like "thank you" and "you're welcome". You don't think about it, you just say it.

But the little hesitation, where you actually think before speaking, seems much more believable to me. Like the white wolf said - "I had to think about it".

3 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

A cat saying it I wouldn't believe because they are evil creatures that sole purpose in life is to plot your destruction.

I don't have my glasses on and read that as "pilot your destruction. "

19 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I don't have my glasses on and read that as "pilot your destruction. "

Samey-same. :D

There is more to it than just answering quickly or after thinking. I would look for other tell tale signs that a person is being deceptive. Body language, facial expression, eyes are more reliable to discover deception. Just my humble (?) opinion. B)

Archived